Problem with vehicle speed

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Anthy

Problem with vehicle speed

Post by Anthy »

Hi all,

I'm new here, I've tried searching around but haven't yet found a solution to my problem;

I've been trying to increase the speed of the LCVP's on Midway to around 60.

The problem I cant solve, is that it appears speed is not limitable; i.e. by saying "Stop at 60", the vehicle actually does not accelerate beyond 60, but from what I have found, by trial-and-error method, engines just keep accelerating vehicles until the fricion matches engine power output.
Is this correct or is there actually a parameter you can specify to stop accelerating at a certain speed, regardless of (excess) engine power?
(Or another method could be, limit the Engine's RPM for example?)

I can't get to where I want to be using Torque and Differential, as the LCVP will either be too slow, or wayy too fast (100+), or not accelerate quickly enough.

Anyone here that has some pointers for me?

Thanks
Anthy
assasinseye1

Re: Problem with vehicle speed

Post by assasinseye1 »

hmmm must look into further :|
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
freddy

Post by freddy »

i belive this line would do the trick

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setNoPropellerEffectAtSpeed 60
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

well you could pack your work up into a zip or rar file the upload to filefront for free then i could play around with it then re-upload for ya

click on this picture below to upload
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

I just had to go through what your going through now for my rubber ducky. :evil: I found it a bit tricky to tweak. I found the movement of the a pco with an engine type "ObjectTemplate.setEngineType c_ETShip" a bit annoying to get it to work right.

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setMinRotation 0/0/-2
ObjectTemplate.setMaxRotation 0/0/2
ObjectTemplate.setMaxSpeed 0/0/10
ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 0/0/10

ObjectTemplate.setTorque 8
These are the settings that you want to change. As i understand it (veterans might correct me on this) "setMinRotation" & "setMaxRotation" are the number of speeds/rotations (2 would = 1/2 spd & full spd). "setMaxSpeed" is the max speed/rotation of the engine. "setAcceleration" is how quickly the engine reaches maxspeed/rotation (5000 should give you instant maxspeed). "setTorque" i found to be the most useful. A high torque gives the engine lots of grip in the water.

check the MDT website for detailed explanations of the settings on engines. there should be a backup link or download... probably under mod tools... on the forum.
Pray hard, die fast
freddy

Post by freddy »

according to the mdt site

" SetMaxSpeed Property

Description: When used in Objects.con, this is the maximum speed an object rotates in a plane of rotation in response to the mouse. See SetRotation for an explanation of the planes of rotation.

When used in Physics.con, this has a different meaning. See SetMinRotation. All these settings (SetMinRotation, SetMaxRotation, SetMaxSpeed, and SetAcceleration) control how an engine responds to player input, they do not otherwise change the speed chracteristics of a vehicle in any other way.