Help?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
assasinseye1

Help?

Post by assasinseye1 »

Ok, so fo0k and others have helped me get started with ed42 :D {thanks you} but the only thing that I cant find out is what is needed for me to play it, what files....I made a simple map with a lake of water between 2 bases...no tanks or nothing just the spawn and flag? but when i put the rfa in the bf1942 map archive, bf wont even star :shock: ? what did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance :mrgreen:
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Apache Thunder

Re: Help?

Post by Apache Thunder »

Your packing the map with WinRFA? You got the base path wrong. Be sure the base path is "bf1942/levels/YOURMAP". (replace "YOURMAP" with name of your map)

The base path setting is found right under the directory path to the map your packing when you go to pack a map. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

ok im confuzed...can you tell me what I have 2 do? I have a map that is just called test run and I want to test it on bf1942 how do I do that? :?:

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

If your new to mapping, i would say try Battlecraft 1942 2.1. Ive never used ED42, but from all that i hear, Battlecraft is much easier to use for people who are starting out. Battlecraft packs the map rfa file for you and puts it into the proper directories according to the mod specified when you create a new map. You don't have to use any extra tools... unless your going to mod the map your making.
Pray hard, die fast
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

Coroner47 wrote:If your new to mapping, i would say try Battlecraft 1942 2.1. Ive never used ED42, but from all that i hear, Battlecraft is much easier to use for people who are starting out. Battlecraft packs the map rfa file for you and puts it into the proper directories according to the mod specified when you create a new map. You don't have to use any extra tools... unless your going to mod the map your making.

As ive said before battle crap wont detect myopen GL