New mod project: Secret Weapons of WWII Extended

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Diamondback

New mod project: Secret Weapons of WWII Extended

Post by Diamondback »

Hi all,

I'd like to start a new client-side mod project for Battlefield 1942 and possibly Battlefield Vietnam. Here is some info:

- The theme of the mod is secret weapons and vehicles of WWII, from 1944 to 1950ish;
- It would be a total conversion mod, meaning no vanilla assets are to be used;
- The mod will have higher quality soldier models and skins;
- Strategic buildings and locations can be destroyed in any map (bridges, factories, weapon depots);
- All maps would be created from real life locations using digital elevation models and land-use/land cover raster models;
- The mod will highlight the importance of railroads for the transportation of military equipment. Many new railroad objects and models are to be created;
- Map ideas would be places like the Mimoyecques fortress in northern France, the Peenemunde research facility, Hellendoorn V2 launch sites, El Agheila, and an improved version of Telemark (this is just a short list, there will be other maps based on the quality of the research material found);
- Heavy emphasis will be placed on historical accuracy without losing the arcade feeling of BF1942. So I am not looking to create a 1:1 replica of the real thing, but I want the models and hand weapons to be high quality;
- Objective-based maps (destroy military targets, prisoner rescue, etc) and large-scale maps;
- Maps will use the revived cloud system and certain weather effects;
- All maps will have AI support;
- Possible conversion to BF Vietnam to use some of the features of that engine (especially everything related to tunnels and lighting);
- The goal of the mod is not to make it a copy of Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons with a shit ton of new vehicles and weapons but rather put the emphasis on the historical accuracy of the maps

If anyone is interested, let me know on this topic or via PM. I am looking for some general ideas right now, and to see what the level of interest would be for a project like this.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Crash42modder

Re: New mod project: Secret Weapons of WWII Extended

Post by Crash42modder »

Sounds great. Do it!
Diamondback

Re: New mod project: Secret Weapons of WWII Extended

Post by Diamondback »

I’d first like to see if anyone wants to join this project. It requires a team of modders.
See my Strasbourg map project here.