Please help with ed42.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
assasinseye1

Please help with ed42.

Post by assasinseye1 »

Ok im a noob at this whole mod thing for bf1942...and have had alot of ideas come to my head on maps and stuff.But the problem is that their is hardly anything i can find to help me get started...I have followed the video on how to set it up and that worked great :D ...but other then that I dont know how to use it, i have been playing around with it, and found the most obvious stuf...but can not figure out how to add bots, objects...houses,tanks,etc...flags...spawn points and all that...and most importantly setting the thing up so i can test it...????Please if someon could help or make a video on how to make a map and play it!!and help is welcome at all!!!!!!!!! :oops:
Mapper/map textureing/design....

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
fo0k

Re: Please help with ed42.

Post by fo0k »

Hi assasin, welcome to the site.

I will get a an ed42 vid up again soon.. i started them then got busy.

when you make a new level in ed42 it does not contain any object spawns or control points.. flags, tanks etc..

you need to use winrfa and extract one of the original maps (el alamein for example) and then copy the whole 'conquest' folder from el alamein to your ed42 map folder.. now when you open the map in ed42 you will see all the control points and tanks etc on the map.. they will of course be placed in all the wrong positions but it will at least show you whats going on. then when you save the map it will overwrite the positions.. ed42 can save it all but will not make the folder for you to start with.

perhaps a better starting solution is to make a new map in battlecraft and then just save it, and extract it. that way when you copy over the folder to ed42 you will just have 2 bases and 2 soldier spawns.. so it will be nice and tidy.

keep trying.. plenty of people here with ed42 skills who can help you.

:)
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

Hey fo0k in the tutorials you will also show how to use all ED42 features? like texturing it i have seen it has a lot of features but i had never tried them.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

fo0k wrote:Hi assasin, welcome to the site.

I will get a an ed42 vid up again soon.. i started them then got busy.

when you make a new level in ed42 it does not contain any object spawns or control points.. flags, tanks etc..

you need to use winrfa and extract one of the original maps (el alamein for example) and then copy the whole 'conquest' folder from el alamein to your ed42 map folder.. now when you open the map in ed42 you will see all the control points and tanks etc on the map.. they will of course be placed in all the wrong positions but it will at least show you whats going on. then when you save the map it will overwrite the positions.. ed42 can save it all but will not make the folder for you to start with.

perhaps a better starting solution is to make a new map in battlecraft and then just save it, and extract it. that way when you copy over the folder to ed42 you will just have 2 bases and 2 soldier spawns.. so it will be nice and tidy.

keep trying.. plenty of people here with ed42 skills who can help you.

:)

Ok, thank you for replie cant wait for the vid...and the thing with battle craft, when i try useing it their is always a problem, it would say that I need some gcdd.file thing or something like that and I would have to pay for it, I might try it agin,

I wash my hands of those who imagine chattering to be knowledge, silence to be ignorance, and affection to be art.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

it tells me i need this WGL_EXT_swap_control OpenGL?? and says i can continue but then crashes

mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

assasinseye1 wrote:it tells me i need this WGL_EXT_swap_control OpenGL?? and says i can continue but then crashes
looks like graphics card not good enough or something ?
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

mikex222 wrote:
assasinseye1 wrote:it tells me i need this WGL_EXT_swap_control OpenGL?? and says i can continue but then crashes

Mobile Intel(r) 4 Series Express Chipset family

fo0k

Post by fo0k »

yeah pretty sure its a gfx card issue. battlefield will run but battlecrap wont.. :/

you will have to take the manual route with ed42.. which is good really.. you will learn a lot faster about modding generally. (but it will be tougher to understand)..
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

assasinseye1 wrote:
mikex222 wrote:

Mobile Intel(r) 4 Series Express Chipset family

LOL you got the same PC as me
assasinseye1

Post by assasinseye1 »

Well that sucks, i even tryed looking for updates but it said their were none because its a custom gfx card? any way, what do i need in a map to play in battlfeild, like you know speacil files and what not>>? I know that your supposed to pack it with winraf and then put in levels folder..but when i do that it crashes and bf1942 wont even start
? :?: