first person hand textures?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Matchy

first person hand textures?

Post by Matchy »

hey, iv made some new textures for the soldiers hands on a DCF map,
But in first person view the hands textures are no different (only changes in 3rd person)

where can i go to change the first person hands aswell?
Kuyong_Chuin

Re: first person hand textures?

Post by Kuyong_Chuin »

I don't have DCF but in bf42 and bfv they are in the texture.rfa check there first. Also there are texture files in the level itself so you might want to check there as well. I hand some hand textures in a subfolder of the main texture file. Sorry I can't be more of a help but I hope you find it. Good luck.
If thy sleepth in a bed of roses, thy will most likely awake with thorns in thy backside if thou doeth not prepareth thy bed beforeth thy lie down.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Also know that the hand mesh shown in 1p is a different mesh file separate from the 3p hands. Be sure you update the RS files for the 1p hands along with the 3p hands. Chances are the 1p hands might be using different name textures. :P

Look at the geometries.con file for your soldier(s). It should tell you where the 1p hand SM files are. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

also if u want allies hand texture and axis texture to be diffenrent u need to change some lines in the rs file of their hands