Minimap icons ONLY team-visible

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Senshi

Minimap icons ONLY team-visible

Post by Senshi »

Is it possible to make minimap icons of PCOs ONLY visible when they are in use by the own team? Basically I only want to get rid of the "grey" status that makes vehicles visible to both teams. If someone of the own team enters the vehicle, the icon should show up again. Point is to deny the exploit that empty vehicles are big fat "tells" when e.g. a jeep rush at a back flag leaves a huge empty jeep standing around...this is even worse in BG42 where towable PaK emplacements in ambush positions can be spotted by the enemy as long as they are unmanned.

I know I can make the Minimapicon invisible with Emptytga or Minimapiconsize 0, but as said, I want to minimize "friendly fire" and thus have friendly units show up on the minimap, and not having them go invisible...

Any idea on how to do that? I fear it's hardcoded, as the "coloring" is only made via alpha layer for all minimap icons....
Apache Thunder

Re: Minimap icons ONLY team-visible

Post by Apache Thunder »

Perhaps this function is defined somewhere in the Ingame meme menu file. That might be the best place to look. Perhaps there's a way to add alpha to the image when the minimap icon is set to team 0 which I believe it is set to when the vehicle is unoccupied.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Ah, I hate the meme files...That's the one thing that I really never got into...also never found a good tutorial on that one, the one delivered with the bfmdt is not that helpful...
freddy

Post by freddy »

i have no direct solution for you but will give you something to think about.

i belive some empty planes dont show up on the minimap when in opposite team (even if they´r unlocked) (AichiVal?)

maybe it can be used together with spawning things as team 3

edit: scratch that, it only works as long as the vehicle is "parked" in the spawner.
Poow

Post by Poow »

I guess in the spawn area.

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.TimeToLive 45
ObjectTemplate.Distance 40
ObjectTemplate.DamageWhenLost 10
You’re entering a world of pain!
freddy

Post by freddy »

i mean like this, a carrier (team1 and as usual locked to that team) spawns a aichi (also as team1 but not locked in anyway) then you can not see it on the minimap if you playing in team2, only if your in team1.

should someone then drive it away from the spawner and abandone it, well then it shows on the minimap for team2 also. this i only noticed with two seated bomberplanes, the fighters shows on the minimap all the time when there empty regardless witch team your in.
ERYL

Post by ERYL »

Hi.
I believe this is what the FHSW team used for their bomber level sights.
One could add invisible PCO spawns to the vehicles and stuff to serve as the icons. Any better solution found in those 7 years?
Back from the dead