rapid plane start ( plane catapult )

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
XyZEL

rapid plane start ( plane catapult )

Post by XyZEL »

hi. this is the situation. I´m talking about Battlefield 1942 now, u get in an plane and normally u need time to get speed and take off. But i seen on some server where u take a plane and promptly u are in the air and have full speed of this plane. But control and handling from this plane don´t change it stay original. This is something looks like a catapult, that allows you to skip the take off sequence.

I changed the engine setting of planes (ObjectTemplate.setTorque and
ObjectTemplate.setDifferential ) but this change the handling of plane. Handling must stay after a start at original.

Thx. !
Jeronimo

Re: rapid plane start ( plane catapult )

Post by Jeronimo »

The engine has a property

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.setAcceleration 0/0/1200
I think this is what you'd need to change to achieve that. Increase the third value (z-axis = forward/backward) to something much higher and the engine should change the speed of your vehicle much faster.
Consider that this also means you can stop the plane faster in the air and then maybe do strange this like flying backwards etc., depending on how much "setMinRotation" your engine has...
XyZEL

Post by XyZEL »

i changed this; but that only allows the plane faster switching the propeller speed from forward to backward. normally i need 5 sek to get full propeller speed if i change this from 1000 to 10000 i need only 1sek. i changed it to 100000 but it is the same. I think it is something other ))
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Could this be an invisible and silent 'nitro' mod which just fires once when you get in? That would do it without changing any handling.

What happens when you land the plane and take off again?
freddy

Post by freddy »

fo0k wrote:What happens when you land the plane and take off again?
the same thing

code

ObjectTemplate.Active Spitfire
objecttemplate.forwardmod 60
oh and yes!
fo0k wrote:Could this be an invisible and silent 'nitro' mod which just fires once when you get in? That would do it without changing any handling.
theres a negative side tho, it kicks in every time you enter the driver seat, meaning if you switch back and forth between (if any) pos2 and driver, it will do this every time. i cant use it on bombplanes because of this. good pilots can use this in flight with fighterplanes to by getting out and in again in mid air, but its tricky.

edit: one more thing (lol) if you put a mine in front of a vehicle that have this code, it wont work very good (atleast not on planes)
Last edited by freddy on Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XyZEL

Post by XyZEL »

yes it happens the same if i get in a plane again.
XyZEL

Post by XyZEL »

freddy thank you!
it works. just added that
to Vehicles/Air/plane_name/Physics.con
reegad

Post by reegad »

the nitro mod would work, as long as you just add 1 mag and 1 "shot"
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

freddy wrote:
fo0k wrote:What happens when you land the plane and take off again?
the same thing

code

oh and yes!
fo0k wrote:Could this be an invisible and silent 'nitro' mod which just fires once when you get in? That would do it without changing any handling.
theres a negative side tho, it kicks in every time you enter the driver seat, meaning if you switch back and forth between (if any) pos2 and driver, it will do this every time. i cant use it on bombplanes because of this. good pilots can use this in flight with fighterplanes to by getting out and in again in mid air, but its tricky.

edit: one more thing (lol) if you put a mine in front of a vehicle that have this code, it wont work very good (atleast not on planes)

Awww... you bet me too it
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.