My Ducky won't Float

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Coroner47

My Ducky won't Float

Post by Coroner47 »

I made a rubber ducky hip pack :twisted: ... but i can't get it to float. Not sure if this is even possible. I have added floaters to bundles before without a problem. Ive also made helmets with working collision meshes using a bundle that i addtemplate to the kitpart... and that works. Anybody got any ideas?? :cry:

Code: Select all

rem *** Ducky HipPack for Mental Patients ***
ObjectTemplate.create KitPart Ducky_HipPack
ObjectTemplate.setBoneName HipPack
ObjectTemplate.setCopyLinksCount 0
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate Ducky_HipPack_bundle

ObjectTemplate.Create Bundle Ducky_HipPack_bundle
ObjectTemplate.geometry Ducky_HipPack
ObjectTemplate.hasMobilePhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.hasResponsePhysics 1
rem ObjectTemplate.HasCollisionPhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RHIB_Floater
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0.5/-0.5/-0.5
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RHIB_Floater2
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -0.5/-0.5/-0.5
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RHIB_Floater
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0.5/-0.5/0.5
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate RHIB_Floater2
ObjectTemplate.setPosition -0.5/-0.5/0.5

Bonus: The Affro & Party Hat helmets :lol:
Image Image
Pray hard, die fast
Apache Thunder

Re: My Ducky won't Float

Post by Apache Thunder »

Two possibilities:

1. Your duckies have collision physics turned off. Perhaps turning on collision will make it work.

2. You may need to turn on Armor on your Duckies:

ObjectTemplate.hasArmor 1
ObjectTemplate.hitPoints 0
ObjectTemplate.maxHitpoints 0
As I recall floaters will stop working when a PCO dies. Though I recall making a mobile control point float on water with no issue and I did not add armor to it. Perhaps adding collision physics is what you need. I wanted to make the helmets emitted from dead soldiers to float if they hit water but it seams anything with a "destroyed" status does not float. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

OMG Coroner47
you make some mint as mods dude
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
Poow

Post by Poow »

Haha, that duck is also on my long list for my mod 8-)
But as a pickup kit.
You’re entering a world of pain!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

lolz

Just noticed that this was a kit part. I don't think floaters work on soldiers. Soldiers use their own system for floating and I think floaters can't override that. (I once tried to make dead bodies float to the surface but couldn't get that to happen. :( )
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

i thing you could make it as a wep and make it deploy, just like a mortar. but it deploys a rubber duckey that floats ahah
Join Me At The West
You're Welcome To Join My Town Any Time, This Is Just a Internet Game. Nothing More.
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

I spent a bunch of time looking for a solution to this, but nothing works so far. I turned on collisionphysics, armor & new floaters w/ maxed out lift. I changed the kitpart to activekitpart like the jetpack.... nothing is working. :cry: I might just make the ducky as a kitpart & also a spawnable sea pco or as mike mentioned, a deployable wep/pco. I think apache is right about the soldiers having their own weird floating system.

Has anyone figured out yet how to attach a pco to a kitpart? I've always had the problem of the pco needing an engine to move with the soldier, which at that point the movement of the soldier becomes studdery & skips around. Maybe the floaters would work on a pco attached to a kitpart? :?
Pray hard, die fast
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

More problems! :oops: These FloatingBundles are really messed up. The ducky has to drop level into the water, otherwise its flys away. Also, when the engine reaches a certain speed the ducky goes crazy & glitchy. Changing the "ObjectTemplate.setHullHeight" to "0" or the height of the floaters to "0" for some reason causes the ducky to fall through the map. Any ideas why this thing is so glitchy??

edit: Nevermind! All fixed! :D The "Wing"s which are used as rudders were the problem. Not sure why they're causing glitchyness, but i removed them and made the ducky complex bundle a rotationalbundle (which steers way better) & it drops into the water without problem & drives beautifully now! :twisted: Now we can have a pool party!

Pray hard, die fast
mikex222

Post by mikex222 »

Try Making the mass of the rubber duckey heavier and also try not to make the max and min float too high
If the min and max float ranges between 4 - 6 i think the mass should be around 2500 - 5000
i cant remember... but i no that if the object is too light it plays up like that

ObjectTemplate.setFloatMaxLift 4
ObjectTemplate.setFloatMinLift 4
Join Me At The West
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

The kit deployable ducky is completed & works great! Had to do alot of tweaking. :lol: :twisted:

You can download the whole thing here (code, mesh, texture & animation).
http://www.mediafire.com/?nkzy3zmhzhg

Pray hard, die fast