Combat Arms?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
HJGF

Combat Arms?

Post by HJGF »

Hi everybody probably u know or have played this popular free fps online game http://combatarms.nexon.net/ and well i tought why not to make a combat arms mod for bf1942 i got the models and the textures i still need to try it prolly Apache could help me hes a master with importing things to bf42 and if anybady else whatns to help
motoko

Re: Combat Arms?

Post by motoko »

HJGF wrote:Hi everybody probably u know or have played this popular free fps online game http://combatarms.nexon.net/ and well i tought why not to make a combat arms mod for bf1942 i got the models and the textures i still need to try it prolly Apache could help me hes a master with importing things to bf42 and if anybady else whatns to help

Doubt that's possible, unless Combat Arms has the same engine as Bf1942.
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

lol u dont need the same engine :lol: i mean i will get the models from combat arms (done) and import em to bf1942 im working on the textures right now and probably also the maps i tought of 1 or 2. lol im starting to talk like Apache
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I speak from experience here. It does not need to be the same game engine in order to be ported. Look at my mario kart mod as an example. Clearly Mario kart Double dash had a different game engine. :P

As long as I have a way of porting the meshes into 3DSMax, then I can put it in BF42.

As for the maps however.....most likely must be done from scratch as Combat Arms most likely does not store the object positions in a format that would work in BF42. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

well is true the weps were easy to import but the maps will not be
i thouhgt of making the maps myself
motoko

Post by motoko »

Apache Thunder wrote:I speak from experience here. It does not need to be the same game engine in order to be ported. Look at my mario kart mod as an example. Clearly Mario kart Double dash had a different game engine. :P

As long as I have a way of porting the meshes into 3DSMax, then I can put it in BF42.

As for the maps however.....most likely must be done from scratch as Combat Arms most likely does not store the object positions in a format that would work in BF42. :(
Then what was it you couldn't do if it was a different Engine?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

There are some things that can't be reproduced 100%. Map cooridents, perhaps certain physics. Things like that. But Combat Arms in this instance is simply a FPS with no vehicles. So it's all handweapons. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

ya like 50 or more weps all modable and like 5 game types on each map and they are like 10 or more maps
motoko

Post by motoko »

HJGF wrote:ya like 50 or more weps all modable and like 5 game types on each map and they are like 10 or more maps
The hacks for combat arms are funny as hell.
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

u play too? well i actually found the way of getting the models from a hacks page but i dont hack i got many to lose