SSM -Linux server

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
tekk

SSM -Linux server

Post by tekk »

I am trying to solve a issue for a friend who has a linux server, I will give a brief discription of whats happened. All his ssm mods were working before, than a issue happened where he had to reinstall the dc game, now half of his maps such as el a , desert shield, bocage day 2 and some others work correctly but on others such as Guadal,Gazala,oilfields the vehicle placements are correct but the spawn points wont load only the default ones. Now im aware that Linux map files need to be lower case and they are but the spawn points refuse to load ( not vehicle spawn points, modified existing spawns put to the airfields) , when i test it on my pc they all load properly but on his server the spawn points wont only the default ones. Any suggestions that I should look into to problem solve this issue?
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Nodbrother

Re: SSM -Linux server

Post by Nodbrother »

And on the old install there were no game.rfa and/or objects.rfa modded (to change weapon impact tru matId or stuff like that)? That in itself does not make sense, I know, but I am running a bf42 server now for over 3 years, and I've seen a lot of weird shit. However yours is a new problem to me.
tekk

Post by tekk »

I hear ya, I have modded linux servers before and this has never happened before and I cant seem to trace the issue.

This is the gazala mod that works great in testing but once loaded crashes the client
http://www.mediafire.com/?gaxhmrmwlwd

Anyone have any suggestions, im getting very frustrated on this lol
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
tekk

Post by tekk »

Any suggestions guys?
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

make sure that as well as the rfa, the map name in the levels folder (within the rfa) is also lowercase. I 'think' this might still cause an issue.
Nodbrother

Post by Nodbrother »

O, i see. I never had any luck using patchfiles on the linux server.
Try this:
* Backup original rfa
* Extract that rfa with WinRfa into some folder of your choice, to do some work
* Extract the patchfile into the same folder
* Pack it all, upload and run the map

If that does not work, manually go through the ori rfa, rem out the original settings
in os.con and ost.con and copy-paste the new stuff in there. Pack it, upload and run.

Good luck!
tekk

Post by tekk »

Nodbrother wrote:O, i see. I never had any luck using patchfiles on the linux server.
Try this:
* Backup original rfa
* Extract that rfa with WinRfa into some folder of your choice, to do some work
* Extract the patchfile into the same folder
* Pack it all, upload and run the map

If that does not work, manually go through the ori rfa, rem out the original settings
in os.con and ost.con and copy-paste the new stuff in there. Pack it, upload and run.

Good luck!
I have tried that already as my problem solving process, no luck :(
fo0k wrote:make sure that as well as the rfa, the map name in the levels folder (within the rfa) is also lowercase. I 'think' this might still cause an issue.
I thought of that aswell, I opened up a level rfa from the server to see and there folders where in caps so I ruled that out at the time but im gonna go ahead and try that anyways , thanks fellas for the suggestions :)
freddy

Post by freddy »

actually, it sounds that the mod files doesnt goes into the right directory, you sure there hasnt been a mixup with an ftp account or something?
tekk

Post by tekk »

the DC server files should match the clients exactly since its a mod correct? I notice that some of the maps are different sizes, could this be it ?
Nodbrother

Post by Nodbrother »

Nope. You can rip out textures from the level rfa's if you want (and even more stuff), or pack the data in a different way, or use some tool: different filesize.

I just checked to be sure, small example:

DC SEa Rigs for client is like 22.5 MB. On the Linux server it is only 5.2 MB or so.