Problem with kit

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
andoodle

Problem with kit

Post by andoodle »

Excuse me, everyone.

I am afraid I have a problem. I am using an iMac (with Mac OS X El Capitan installed on it), and I installed Battlefield 1942 and its expansion packs and MDT onto that computer with Wineskin Winery. I managed to install the Sten submachine gun and the Bren light machine gun into my personal mod (that's for my personal use only). I also installed the Gewehr 43 into my personal mod, and I created a new scout folder within the German folder called "Scout44," and I created a kit called "German_Scout44." I then put that into my copy of the Omaha Beach map, just to see if it would work. Unfortunately, I saw that there is a white square where the icon for the Gewehr 43 sniper rifle should be, and when I loaded it, I saw that this new kit could not be loaded. So, I need help. If I can receive help on this, I would be grateful. Thank you for your time.
Ruuga

Re: Problem with kit

Post by Ruuga »

You have to check that you actually have the icon-image in your Menu.rfa. And if I remember correctly, to make a file work in Mac all references to files should be writeen like this "bf1942\objects.con" not "bf1942/objects.con" so check that you have the slash the right way in your .con -files.
jdc527

Re: Problem with kit

Post by jdc527 »

Hey did you ever figure out how to get those weapons working, if so could you share how you did it? I too am trying to make an improvement mod for my own use, maybe for release, but I can't get dlc or custom weapons working without the game shitting itself.

andoodle wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:56 pm Excuse me, everyone.

I am afraid I have a problem. I am using an iMac (with Mac OS X El Capitan installed on it), and I installed Battlefield 1942 and its expansion packs and MDT onto that computer with Wineskin Winery. I managed to install the Sten submachine gun and the Bren light machine gun into my personal mod (that's for my personal use only). I also installed the Gewehr 43 into my personal mod, and I created a new scout folder within the German folder called "Scout44," and I created a kit called "German_Scout44." I then put that into my copy of the Omaha Beach map, just to see if it would work. Unfortunately, I saw that there is a white square where the icon for the Gewehr 43 sniper rifle should be, and when I loaded it, I saw that this new kit could not be loaded. So, I need help. If I can receive help on this, I would be grateful. Thank you for your time.