Spawn Points Problem

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Master Jay

Re: Spawn Points Problem

Post by Master Jay »

can you give me some little bit more about the networkinfo please?
Im Watching You... When You Sleep!
freddy

Post by freddy »

server use the networkinfo to communicate with players, basically everything that moves or sounds have it. without this you couldnt see for example a jeep driving around on the map. you cant add any new creation with networkinfo to your server if you dont see to that the players have it also eg in a patch file or a mod, it will result in a crash as the communication between server and client vill go effed.

it is the server that keep track on things in the "game world" so for example static buildings dont have any networkinfo, both server and players have them at the same place in there map, but should you move a static building a bit from its usual place the server cant tell it to the players so they will still see it on the usual place, leading to weird happenings, broken legs and such :)

there is some trick one can use when serverside modding, for example the KatyushaRocket_Engine has no networkinfo on it from start so it can be addtemplated to vehicles and be used for turbo or such. this wont work with a plane engine that has networkinfo for example.

another trick one can use is to simply remove (rem out) the networkinfo from an object in the server files, this if one need to get some tricky mod to work as one intended.
Master Jay

Post by Master Jay »

sorry but i didnt under stand :( could i just give you my omaha_beach.rfa please just do it in there all the codes i add are in obama_beach_559.rfa :D :D :D
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

basically you cannot add a new spawn point. you can only modify. so if you have say 4 spawns at the allied base on el alamein.. then you could move the coordinates of one of those spawns somewhere else on the map.

need the tutorials page up here.. i have been slacking in getting this done.. ill try today to get it setup.
Le Stroumphe

Post by Le Stroumphe »

fo0k wrote:basically you cannot add a new spawn point. you can only modify. so if you have say 4 spawns at the allied base on el alamein.. then you could move the coordinates of one of those spawns somewhere else on the map.

need the tutorials page up here.. i have been slacking in getting this done.. ill try today to get it setup.

And use a submarine spawn to replace the spawnpoint mouved in the base !!
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Yepp, just thought the same. Read Stroumphe's thread, he has asked something quite similar and it had been answered very well with nice pictures etc. :D

Btw, this other thread is still in the wrong board, it should be moved here.
Master Jay

Post by Master Jay »

ok thanks here what i will do i will take out the beach spawn points and use it as allied spawn point :D i Have Did This I Took A Ship On The Beach And Blocking The Water :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: xD I Dont Like The Water lol
Master Jay

Post by Master Jay »

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o I LOST MT PATCH FILE FOR OMAHA_BEACH_559.rfa and the download i put for it wont work :shock: :shock: