Creating temporary spawners

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
freddy

Re: Creating temporary spawners

Post by freddy »

yeah i know one method, but it takes one vehicle ore something destroyable to do it.

the idea is to put the spawner on say a willy with an offset, example 0/-2000/0 then spawn the willy with the ObjectTemplate.nrOfObjectToSpawn 1 and ObjectTemplate.holdObject 1 then look to that the willy gets destroyed by either a "death bubble" or with the

ObjectTemplate.criticalDamage 50
ObjectTemplate.hpLostWhileCriticalDamage 20

trick

example code

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.Active willy
ObjectTemplate.criticalDamage 50
ObjectTemplate.hpLostWhileCriticalDamage 20
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate *your*SoldierSpawn
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/-2000/0
then you spawn the willy 2000 meters over where you want the soldierspawn, the criticalDamage thing works so an so, so you could put a deathbubble where you spawn the willy to make sure it dies. you have to test your way throw the figures to get the timing right.

edit: i just realised that you could simply spawn the willy so high up that it takes the time you want to fall down and get destroyed lol.
if your making this csm i guess you could just make up some destroyble object and tie the spawner to.

anyway thats one way to do it, good luck.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Maybe much easier is to have the main bases 'loose control when not close' and have the bases under ground or out of reach. Set them to loose control after 30 seconds for example. That way nobody can respawn and you end up with a proper death match.
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

I just thought of something that might work for this. I'll have to try it out. I was thinking you could have 64 or 32 pco's placed around a flag that would have a soldier spawn on them. The start of the round, the soldiers would spawn directly over top of the pco causing a collision between the soldier & pco, which would destroy the pco. If it works, i would say this would guaranty only a certain amount of soldiers being spawned & only once. 64 player game, 64 spawn pads... 1 life per soldier right?
Pray hard, die fast
freddy

Post by freddy »

uhm without looking it up (lol) cant you just set like

ObjectTemplate.setVehicleIcon " "
or

ObjectTemplate.setMinimapIcon " "
with " " i mean leave it empty
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I think that just leaves a nasty black (or white) square if you have nothing.

add a custom image to your map which is just a totally transparent (alpha'd out) image.

you need to give a root path to that image but it will remove it.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Try this:

ObjectTemplate.setVehicleIcon "Empty.tga"
ObjectTemplate.setMinimapIcon "Empty.tga"
Even vanilla BF42 has that texture. Basically a small all alpha texture. So it effectively means no minimap/vehicle icon! :D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!