How to make a good in car radio

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

How to make a good in car radio

Post by fo0k »

Assuming I have a range of tracks.. I want the player to be able to select different music whilst driving..

there are probably a few ways to hash this together but any simple click ideas appreciated! need to be able to change it whilst driving in a race :)
MR PINK BALLS

Re: How to make a good in car radio

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

hmmm

well I can think of a rather far fetched way to do this seriously doubt its possible

Have some sort of rotating object on the car like a animated object that can be rotated on command like the forklift but instead of a lift a big invisible wheel,then have you ssc on different parts of it have them set for tiny radius then as you turn the thing you can hear different ssc as the other one spins to the back

just a thought
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

lols.. that was the only idea i had thought of.. and its pretty weird! funny you you also thought it..

the one thing with this is that the music would kinda fade in and out.. but actually adding some white noise in the gaps would make a very cool retro radio :)

unless theres any more thoughts I will try this out heheh.
Sniperjack

Post by Sniperjack »

How exactly does BFV do it? I am sure it won't be possible to do in BF1942, but it would be nice to know.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

BFV uses a whole new object class to do music. I think the music for BFV used ingame is OGG files. Definitely something that can't be done in BF1942 in the same way BFV does it.

I was thinking of attaching a spawner to the dash of your vehicle that spawns a special PCO with the music of your choice. You then attach a firearm to the driver camera that only has enough range to reach the PCO in your dash. You "fire" at the controls of the radio PCO and it kills the PCO. The PCO then respawns with a new audio track. You simply code the SSC file with the randomPlay feature so that it plays a different tune everytime the ssc file reactivates. ;)

In order to keep the radio PCO attached to your dash you must put a dummy engine on it (the radio PCO) and use the holdObject command. Spawners can only hold a PCO to it if the PCO has a engine addTemplated to it. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
LightSpeed///

Post by LightSpeed/// »

BFV uses wav files and ssc
AKA WhatThe
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

Apache Thunder wrote:...You "fire" at the controls of the radio PCO and it kills the PCO. The PCO then respawns with a new audio track. You simply code the SSC file with the randomPlay feature so that it plays a different tune everytime the ssc file reactivates. ;)
This is lol! the action of pointing at the dash does make it pretty funny. keep forgetting about random play.. that the best way to get different tracks for sure. maybe attach the players hand to the car stereo and have him rotate the dial (with a killing/spawinging mechanism thing behind it all) :)