Vista

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
HJGF

Vista

Post by HJGF »

Hi everybody, when I try to load a map on WDW mod it crahses idk if is vista or something on my pc cuz it works in a pc with xp. Anybody with the same problem? and if yes how u solve it????
tekk

Re: Vista

Post by tekk »

Vista blows big ol'e donkey balls , all I can suggest is that you run every program in administrator mode
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

i did but keeps crashing, u have vista too? and if u do it worked?
tekk

Post by tekk »

I am not aware of the mod your talking about and have not tried it but yes I do have Vista :cry:
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

who dares wins and also apaches dalian plant doenst work :( :(
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

Vista & Windows 7 both have major problems running battlecraft, bf1942 & its mods. Google it ... everyone has the same problems & i have not yet found a solution myself. Windows 98se is the way to role! It works!
Pray hard, die fast
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Not true. Coroner. Both Vista and win7 can run BC, BF and whatever just fine. Just some things have to be setup.

1) BlackScreen.exe needs Adminrights. Sometimes giving it XP SP2 Compa mode helps too.
2) BF42.exe needs admin rights. Giving it XP SP2 Compa mode helps preventing a lot (=all) map change CTDs.
3) BC42 - dunno exactly. I gave it admin, XP SP2 and it runs smooth as ever (though I barely use it, Ed42ftw!)

If you still experience stability problems, it might be caused by a multi core processor. I only have dualcore and things run fine, but I heard of people with quads that have problems. Assigning only a single core stabilizies things a lot, apparently.
HJGF

Post by HJGF »

about a year ago i had the worst laptop in the world and whodarswins worked all mod worked :(
Marshall_Nord

Post by Marshall_Nord »

My brother and friend have both Windows 7 & Vista, respectively, and play FH for BF1942 on the pixelfighter server with punkbuster. The only problem is hang-up during map change, which is resolved by hitting escape and reconnecting.
Cudman69

Post by Cudman69 »

I have Win7 x64 and the only reason I configured it with a dual boot to WinXP x64 was to be able to continue to run BF1942, well allright I needed it also for FSX and Cachya 6-DOF unsigned device drivers, but I will test now with Senshi's Vista instructions above and revert back with my findings. I also have quad cores so I'll try out the affinity setting on locking BF1942 to a single core. It will be a major step forward to have Win7 play BF1942 without having to reboot to XP.