Reload handweapon without being active...

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Apache Thunder

Reload handweapon without being active...

Post by Apache Thunder »

Ok my first question in a long time. :D

I can code just about anything I want, but haven't figured this out. I am working on a conversion mod that brings BFHeroes to BF1942. If you played BFheroes, you would notice that handweapons reload without having to have them active.

I want to do the same here. I want to beable to reload a grenade or gun and be able to switch to another weapon while it reloads. Normally the game won't let me do this as I would have to keep it selected for the reload to occur.

Any ideas on a way around that? The only thing that reloads without being activated is the medkit. But making guns with the medkit mag type doesn't turn out well. :P

Also note that firearms on PCOs don't have to be active to reload. You can even exit the PCO and come back and it will be reloaded. :P

I'm hoping there is some trick to do this. I have a feeling that if I my self haven't found a way of doing it, then it may be impossible in this game engine. :(
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
tekk

Re: Reload handweapon without being active...

Post by tekk »

Apache Thunder wrote:I have a feeling that if I my self haven't found a way of doing it, then it may be impossible in this game engine. :(
Ego much? :lol: , Just teasing but thats a neat idea for sure , would be a nice code if its possible :)
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

lol. Not an ego if it's justified. :D

I kid, I kid!

:D
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
tekk

Post by tekk »

Haha :lol: , well said lol. Well I do hope that there is a solution to what you want to do because nothing worst than running into a enemy and firing your zook and bunny hopping six ways to sunday firing your beretta wishing your zook would reload meanwhile lol
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Well, that's the only way to do it. Changing the magtype.

ObjectTemplate.magType 1 would do the trick, but you say that causes other glitches on handweapons (did never try this myself). IIRC magtypes themselves are hardcoded and cannot be changed or new ones be created, so I fear you're stuck indeed.