Converting Treemesh to Standardmesh

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Senshi

Converting Treemesh to Standardmesh

Post by Senshi »

Hey guys, I've now been searching for quite some time but was unable to find anything good :( .

Is there an easy method to convert treemeshes to standardmesh so they become visible in Ed42? Perhaps even a batch method? As I'm now modding for Battlegroup42 there's a huge bunch of new objects to work with, and obviously also dozens of "new" trees...I'm aware fook converted the Vanilla trees to .sm-format so I guess there must be a way ;) .
fo0k

Re: Converting Treemesh to Standardmesh

Post by fo0k »

I didn't actually convert the trees.. But if you just import the trunk For all the treemeshes.. Then go on an export frenzy you will get them all exported in 10 mins :)

easy task once all imported.. Just 'hide' the trunk you have selected (exported) and you won't get confused.
Apache Thunder

Re: Converting Treemesh to Standardmesh

Post by Apache Thunder »

I know a guy who did them. DACV is his name. He converted all the vanilla trees to BFV and as such they should work in ED42 as well. I can see if I still have them somewhere on my harddrive...If not, I can ask him if you can use them.

He went through the trouble of adding the leaves to the trunks as part of the meshes so the trees will show up just as they would in BFV. He did this to avoid using the trees from the BF42 mod for BFV since those used the effect system and produces a lot of lag.

So the trees should look great in ED42. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!