Texture Modding help.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
tekk

Re: Texture Modding help.

Post by tekk »

re6ter wrote:I dont even know where to start... ive messed around with SDK but ive got nothing so far...

im not stupid when it comes to computers, but i need to be pushed in the right direction for this...
Dude, no one is saying your stupid but we have pushed you into the right direction that leads to 2 seperate texture tutorials. This is why I asked if you would upload your mod to a upload site so that I may take a look at it and help you from there. And the game does not reconize SDK format, either use DDS format or uncompressed TGA format, And make sure that your mod file tree is correct. If you are still having troubles and do not want to upload your map for us to take a look at then search for a mod out there that has custom textures in it and follow how they did it.
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
re6ter

Post by re6ter »

I ment to say MDK (mod dev kit)

I will upload my mod, but where do i add the textures too, like, whats the file tree.
tekk

Post by tekk »

This is the file tree for a recently finished mod that I used custom textures.

This is the init.com that you need to add that line of code too so the game points to those textures
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Marshall_Nord

Post by Marshall_Nord »

tekk,

For DesertCombat, you need to path custom textures (in a map) like this:

Code: Select all

textureManager.alternativePath bf1942/levels/dcgf_ammo_bunkers/Texture/DesertCombat/ZPU-4/
textureManager.alternativePath bf1942/levels/dcgf_ammo_bunkers/Texture/DesertCombat/Pickup/
In this map, we are using a custom texture for the ZPU-4 and Pickup/Technical.

Because of DesertCombat's file structure, simply placing the custom texture in the "texture" sub-folder will not work. You will have to script the subfolder location for every object's texture file.

I hope this helps.
tekk

Post by tekk »

Marshall_Nord wrote:tekk,

For DesertCombat, you need to path custom textures (in a map) like this:

Code: Select all

textureManager.alternativePath bf1942/levels/dcgf_ammo_bunkers/Texture/DesertCombat/ZPU-4/
textureManager.alternativePath bf1942/levels/dcgf_ammo_bunkers/Texture/DesertCombat/Pickup/
In this map, we are using a custom texture for the ZPU-4 and Pickup/Technical.

Because of DesertCombat's file structure, simply placing the custom texture in the "texture" sub-folder will not work. You will have to script the subfolder location for every object's texture file.

I hope this helps.
Well I didnt go in depth I guess with this as I was just basically showing the file tree, But as far as the textures having their own folders inside the texture folder I do not do that, for the DC vehicles I just drop the custom textures into the texture folder and it will call on those textures in game. The only time I use other folders inside the texture folder is if I borrow a vehicle such as the tungunsta from Apache's mod and I will follow the file tree he has, also DCX. In the screenshots I have multiple dc vehicle textures sitting in just the texture folder and the game will use them when I run it. So overall yes it does work the way I do it.