Destroyable buildings

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
MR PINK BALLS

Re: Destroyable buildings

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

does something have to be a pco to be animated?

im trying to think of a way to have lots of peices of mesh,but only as one object and run its destruction with a animation.maybe,uhh skeliton??!!??! :?
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
Zoolander

Post by Zoolander »

Has to be a PCO to take damage i think. The buildings and objects that you can destroy in Objective mode are PCO's for example.
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

Ok then In my opinion the best course of action would be to actually give the building a skeleton,then use reactor to create a falling animation of the skeleton and then skin wrap the building to the skeleton,and money.But I haz my concerns.
Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
freddy

Post by freddy »

or a combination

top floor one PCO

bottom floor the other?
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I've tried animating objects by attaching them to a skeleton...doesn't work. Unfortunately this seems to only work for handweapons.

Also know that if you animate a mesh for anything except the soldier object class, the collision mesh will NOT animate with the LOD. Thus you can animate the walls to go away, but the collision mesh for them will be unchanged and thus an invisible wall will be the result.

If you code a explorable wreck mesh you must spawn that wreck without using the lod system since the lod system will not change to the wreck's collision mesh. I had this issue with my destructible bridges and bunkers early on. I fixed it by spawning the wrecks using the armor effect system. The trick to spawning PCOs reliably in network play is to have the armor effect system spawn a object spawner. I have the spawners set up in a way that they will be removed from the map when the game round restarts. My wrecks can in theory be destructible too if I wanted them to be since they are already PCOs. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Admiral_Adama

Post by Admiral_Adama »

Well a i had a few destroyable building in my Phoenix1942 Mod, but after a few network tests i found some problems, the game runs fine but when i hit the server stop button it crashs, its strange because the network game runs fine .

A few destroyable buildings

*FH Midway Hangar - FH MOD
*Control Tower - Snyder Mod
* Air Control Tower - DC FINAL - this one is a hard one to work with, network crashing .
* Fh Burgendelfus something like this, a big Castle from Fh but with network problems too .

And in the expansions you got a few to use, just change the material id in Gmax .(Force Material on export ).