RMS Queen Mary in Battlefield 1942 as a troop transport?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Skull Kid

RMS Queen Mary in Battlefield 1942 as a troop transport?

Post by Skull Kid »

So, I wanted to add this model (which I think is the RMS Queen Mary from Silent Hunter III, if not, I won't do this) of the RMS Queen Mary into Battlefield 1942 as a troop transporter, if possible. Question is, where do I start? I know vehicles are built up of Geometries.con, Network.con, Objects.con and Physics.con, but would the simplest thing be to use what's already in the game? I mean, if I take like the Enterprise, and replace the model with the model of the Queen Mary, would that work?

With a little work of course (replacing the anti-aircraft guns, adding some main artillery guns without too much of a calibre for a troop transporter, smoke from the stacks etc. and everything else )

Kind Regards

Skull Kid
Regards,

Skull Kid
Diamondback

Re: RMS Queen Mary in Battlefield 1942 as a troop transport?

Post by Diamondback »

I guess that's a good start. The most challenging part is making the model itself. I do hope you will not rip the model from another mod; one solution for that would be to buy the model from a model library such as Turbosquid or even learn to model yourself if you think you're up for it. The rest is really fiddling with the physics, lod distances and addTemplating other PCOs and/or soldier spawns and simple objects such as climbing nets/ladder.
See my Strasbourg map project here.