Changing description in map loading

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Battle GI

Changing description in map loading

Post by Battle GI »

How do I change those descriptions in loading screens?? Like those circled in the picture below:

Diamondback

Re: Changing description in map loading

Post by Diamondback »

You should try looking at the file/folder structure in your unpacked BFV map and look for any file called ''Init.con'' or something of the sort. I know in BF1942 that the welcome screen text is defined in Init/Menu.con in your map's root. So yeah I guess just unpack the map and look for that text. Might also be defined in the Menu files.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Battle GI

Post by Battle GI »

Classical Modder wrote:You should try looking at the file/folder structure in your unpacked BFV map and look for any file called ''Init.con'' or something of the sort. I know in BF1942 that the welcome screen text is defined in Init/Menu.con in your map's root. So yeah I guess just unpack the map and look for that text. Might also be defined in the Menu files.
Game.setLocalized 1

rem ** Multiplayer Briefing **
game.setMultiplayerBriefingObjectives MULTIPLAYER_BRIEFING_FLAMING_DART
game.setMultiplayerBriefingMapType MULTIPLAYER_MAP_TYPE_MISSION_MAP

game.setLoadPicture Load/Operation_Flaming_Dart.dds
game.setServerInfoIcon "serverInfo.tga"
game.setMapId "BFVietnam"

game.setServerBrowserMapName "OPERATION FLAMING DART"

I only found these lines in init.con. Where is that MULTIPLAYER_BRIEFING_FLAMING_DART located??
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Battle GI wrote:rem ** Multiplayer Briefing **
game.setMultiplayerBriefingObjectives MULTIPLAYER_BRIEFING_FLAMING_DART
game.setMultiplayerBriefingMapType MULTIPLAYER_MAP_TYPE_MISSION_MAP
game.setMultiplayerBriefingObjectives "Type in your words here. Remember the quotation marks. This mission blah blah blah, you have to destroy the blah."
game.setMultiplayerBriefingMapType "Type in your words here. Remember the quotation marks. This map is for blah blah push blah. Enemy blah your defensive blah."

The all-caps you see in your quote is what the game engine looks for to replace. Kind of like a search function looking for a specific set of characters to replace. So the game looks for "MULTIPLAYER_BRIEFING_FLAMING_DART" in the lexiconall and replaces it with what was set in the lexiconall. Bf 1942 treats it like this, at least, not sure about Bf Vietnam. So, you can remove the unique name and replace it with quotation marks and whatever text you want inside (as seen above).
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™