Need help with adding shell sound.

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
shout

Need help with adding shell sound.

Post by shout »

I need help with adding the "whistle" of a flying cannon's shell.
Battle GI

Re: Need help with adding shell sound.

Post by Battle GI »

It is added automatically, for example, you replace a bazooka's projectile with a defgun projectile, it will whistle.
shout

Post by shout »

Battle GI wrote:It is added automatically, for example, you replace a bazooka's projectile with a defgun projectile, it will whistle.
I forgot to write that I want to do it in the modification Battlefield 1918. This is mod about First World War, and there are a lot of cannons but there is no projectile whistle. I want to add these sounds from modification Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons. How to do it?
Battle GI

Post by Battle GI »

Hmmmm...... I dont know then. Try adding deffgun's projectile to the cannons. I added the defgun's bomb projectile to bazooka cannon, and it whistled.
shout

Post by shout »

Battle GI wrote:Hmmmm...... I dont know then. Try adding deffgun's projectile to the cannons. I added the defgun's bomb projectile to bazooka cannon, and it whistled.
Well, I'll try it. But I have no idea how to do it. Can you write step-by-step how to add defgun's bomb projectile to bazooka cannon?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Battle GI wrote:Hmmmm...... I dont know then. Try adding deffgun's projectile to the cannons. I added the defgun's bomb projectile to bazooka cannon, and it whistled.
Bad idea. Because you will be changing the damage and everything. That's a completely different projectile.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
shout

Post by shout »

So how to add the sound of the cannon's projectile without changing the type of projectile?
Battle GI

Post by Battle GI »

It is very difficult thing to say so, cause I am myself working on that thing. Best idea will be that to backup your files and expiriment
shout

Post by shout »

Battle GI wrote:It is very difficult thing to say so, cause I am myself working on that thing. Best idea will be that to backup your files and expiriment
I have one last question. Which files contain the sounds of projectiles? objects.rfa, sound.rfa, standardmesh.rfa? game.rfa, map files? Please, write which.

And also write how you replace bazooka's projectile with a defgun projectile.
Battle GI

Post by Battle GI »

shout wrote:
Battle GI wrote:It is very difficult thing to say so, cause I am myself working on that thing. Best idea will be that to backup your files and expiriment
I have one last question. Which files contain the sounds of projectiles? objects.rfa, sound.rfa, standardmesh.rfa? game.rfa, map files? Please, write which.

And also write how you replace bazooka's projectile with a defgun projectile.
Sound.rfa contains all the files and scripting can be done with sound script editor.

To change projectiles, simply replace the existing projectile's name in objects.con with defgun's. You can find it in Objects.rfa