Soldier: secondary weapon on altfire?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Django

Soldier: secondary weapon on altfire?

Post by Django »

I like to give a soldier a secondary weapon on altfire. This should be a very simple projectile fired once. A kind of shield (a simple vertical plane).
I know the only "secondary weapon" used by bf1942 is the ObjectTemplate.Projectile2Template for the Binoculars .
Any ideas?
Django
Kurosaji

Re: Soldier: secondary weapon on altfire?

Post by Kurosaji »

Doing some stabbing in the dark here because im not sure what exactly you are doing here, but you might be able to draft something up with a ObjectTemplate.setTrigger PI command and instead of having a zoom, you would deploy another form of attack.
freddy

Post by freddy »

This was easy to do on things like the aa gun as it has a base you add the weapon to, you could simple add more weapons to that base and use what ever mouse input you liked to activate it.

when it comes to soldier weapons it gets more complicated with there index number and such, there was one guy that tried to add an extra weapon on the basooka (if i remember right) the idea was that is should spit some damage behind the the zook when fired (if i remember right) but the problem was with addtemplating a gun to another gun instead of a RotationalBundle for example.

i think the binocular is special coded but it does fire a "blank" bullet on mouse 2, i know because i tried change it out for a bomb once.

Django

Post by Django »

Nice video!
Yes, that is the tweak I've been looking for. But therefor I have to get rid of the Scope and set the fov factor to 0.
Thx!
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Careful with what handweapons you may try this on. Adding a secondary fire weapon to a handweapon can interfere with the player's ability to fire the primary weapon in some situations. Generally if the secondary weapon runs out of ammo or has to reload a mag, the primary weapon becomes unusable (won't fire).

I've only ever added a secondary weapon onto a handweapon that doesn't have a primary fire and it had infinite ammo. I believe it was the soccer kick weapon for kicking soccer balls in my BFH'42 mod. I had a weapon animation for that handweapon that was tied to secondary fire button. Believe it or not, you can indeed animate the lower body when doing weapon animations. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!