Hit registration

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Kurosaji

Hit registration

Post by Kurosaji »

Say you have 2 tanks firing at each-other, or a turret vs an air vehicle, and you see the impact explosion, but you get no hit indication on your crosshair, and no damage is done. This seems like a problem in the network.con or something though I could be wrong.

Any ideas?

-Kuro
Vilespring

Re: Hit registration

Post by Vilespring »

I'm betting on client desync. Client sees a hit, but server tells no hit and thus no hit marker and no damage.
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Could be your MatIDs not being set up correctly.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
freddy

Post by freddy »

Kurosaji wrote:Say you have 2 tanks firing at each-other, or a turret vs an air vehicle, and you see the impact explosion, but you get no hit indication on your crosshair, and no damage is done. This seems like a problem in the network.con or something though I could be wrong.

Any ideas?

-Kuro
This happens all the time if play on a server with high ping, especially with basooka vs planes.

your animation (firing) starts playing emmediately, but the server get that info maybe 100 milliseconds later (then it fires) and thats enough time for a fast vehicle to already moved past where you aimed.

so for you it look like a hit but not for the server.

there also is this command game.serverHitIndication 1
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

yeah, it happens sometimes, but not always, and more frequently than I would like.