bots on conquest

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
King Tut

bots on conquest

Post by King Tut »

I have searched this many times here and read over it many times more but I seem to be hopeless in adding them to conquest.

Does anyone have the actual codes needed? If so could you post them?
Django

Re: bots on conquest

Post by Django »

http://www.bf-games.net/forum/topic/265 ... %C3%BCgen/

This is for tdm but you will get the idea. You can also add bots to objective mode. I've done that in 3 Maps.
You will have to work very exact in your code. The tiniest error will cause a ctd. I spent a lot of time with that. The filestructure has to be exact.
And you will have to insert a lot of AI related files within your map and runned from there. But just follow the tutorial and change it to your likes.
good luck!
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

King Tut wrote:I have searched this many times here and read over it many times more but I seem to be hopeless in adding them to conquest.

Does anyone have the actual codes needed? If so could you post them?
I've added bots to practically all the vanilla maps on my server. The only maps that don't have bots in Conquest are the maps with submarines on them (Midway, Guadalcanal). The submarines appear in the Conquest version of the vanilla maps, however there are none in the Singleplayer/COOP versions.

This is due to the fact that the submarines have no AI info linked to them. As such, if a bot was to enter a submarine in Conquest, it would have no instructions on what to do and it would crash the server automatically. I'm currently trying to get them to work on those maps.

I also have the bots' aggression level maxed out with a little command. It's quite nice really, as the bots really come alive compared to a traditional Singleplayer game.

I will be uploading the bot files for Conquest shortly.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
PizzatheHut

Post by PizzatheHut »

I am also interested in the specific code for each Conquest map. I noticed ad admin command similar to '!nobots' used in the SimpleUSA server to turn them on and off (not sure how this is done either).
stark1942.lefora.com (173.170.68.85)
King Tut

Post by King Tut »

Where will you be uploading them Classical Modder? It would be a great help to us noobs :D
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

King Tut wrote:Where will you be uploading them Classical Modder? It would be a great help to us noobs :D
Here you go: http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2624
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I recall getting bots working on conquest mode on my Dystopia City map for the interstate 82 mod. However I forced them to man "auto turrets" and not allow them to spawn anywhere else or exit the auto turrets.

It's easy forcing bots to never leave stationary PCOs. However I couldn't force them to remain in mobile ones. Either way, I did a lot of interesting stuff with that map. :P

If you want a working example to look at, Dystopia City is definitely something you should check out. :D

Somewhat unrelated, but you can check out the maps I did for BF242 Redux mod. I found a way of getting unique ingame maps per game mode working. This combined with game mode unique setup of my Dystopic City map should be a good way to get stuff like that working. Unfortunately I did not get game mode dependent loading screens to work. It would almost work, but would always end up using the wrong loading screen. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Apache Thunder wrote:I recall getting bots working on conquest mode on my Dystopia City map for the interstate 82 mod. However I forced them to man "auto turrets" and not allow them to spawn anywhere else or exit the auto turrets.

It's easy forcing bots to never leave stationary PCOs. However I couldn't force them to remain in mobile ones. Either way, I did a lot of interesting stuff with that map. :P

If you want a working example to look at, Dystopia City is definitely something you should check out. :D

Somewhat unrelated, but you can check out the maps I did for BF242 Redux mod. I found a way of getting unique ingame maps per game mode working. This combined with game mode unique setup of my Dystopic City map should be a good way to get stuff like that working. Unfortunately I did not get game mode dependent loading screens to work. It would almost work, but would always end up using the wrong loading screen. :P
I'd like to look at the code for the unique ingame maps thing you did, sounds interesting. Got a link for that mod? Also, I am still struggling to add digital HP values (percentages) to my soldiers, IIRC in your BFHeroes mod you had them and they looked quite nice. I just can't find the corresponding nodes for that in the InGame meme file, I've looked everywhere, but still nothing.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

I believe all the maps in my BF242'Redux mod use it:

Battlefield 2'42: Redux

:D

As for the HP values. The meme file edits were somewhat simple to do. But It's been so long since I've worked on that that I wouldn't really be able to help you with that now. It's one of the lesser modded things I did with BF1942, so it's not as burned into my brain as the object template system and what not. :P
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

PizzatheHut wrote:I am also interested in the specific code for each Conquest map. I noticed ad admin command similar to '!nobots' used in the SimpleUSA server to turn them on and off (not sure how this is done either).
on off (1 or 0)

Code: Select all

aiSettings.setRespawnAllowed 1
killallbots

Code: Select all

ai.killallbots