Using barbedwire against vehicles?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Kurosaji

Using barbedwire against vehicles?

Post by Kurosaji »

We all know barbed wire has been used in the past to keep people from bugging in to certain areas. Is it possible to create a invisible barbed wire which would instantly kill vehicles, but not a person?
Vilespring

Re: Using barbedwire against vehicles?

Post by Vilespring »

Put a big block of concrete there. If the vehicle goes in physics will derp and BOOM! But BF might notice the block and keep it from going in there,
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

The original solution to this bug was a collision mesh so large the vehicle couldn't get through (triangle about 10 meters high and 90 degrees), the problem however ended up being that nearby planes and vehicles would ram in to the mesh and die. Everything else cant get through the basic collision mesh originally designed for the object, but 2 vehicles can, and when they do, they can sit and rape of course. Since this is a building players go inside, they have to be able to move, be undamaged, etc.

Since they get through the mesh by driving up on the side or top of the object, I was kind of hoping for something that did a good job of blocking or killing them.

It isn't a problem with the buildings collision i don't think... nothing else can get through.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

You're making this far too complicated. Just use deathbubbles that affect vehicles and not soldiers.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

Now, is there a way to make it bind to/as part of an object?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Classical Modder wrote:You're making this far too complicated. Just use deathbubbles that affect vehicles and not soldiers.
This, I recommend this.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Kurosaji

Post by Kurosaji »

Swaffy wrote:
Classical Modder wrote:You're making this far too complicated. Just use deathbubbles that affect vehicles and not soldiers.
This, I recommend this.
Lol, I love the way you said that.

Is it possible to bundle this easily to that object?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

This actually gets my curiosity ... where is the code, in the vanilla game, that causes damage to soldiers? I can't find it.

I looked in Effects/e_Barbwire but came up with nothing.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Swaffy wrote:This actually gets my curiosity ... where is the code, in the vanilla game, that causes damage to soldiers? I can't find it.

I looked in Effects/e_Barbwire but came up with nothing.
Well, best way to do this is to make supply vehicles (Hanomag, HoHa) distribute negative health instead of positive health. This is the mechanism death bubbles use and it works well except for vehicles that get stuck in the death bubbles.

You can edit the faction(s) which are affected by the negative health, edit the radius of the death bubble, and edit how much health it takes away from the soldier or vehicle. It's quite neat actually.

Look at the supply depot objects (Hanomag, HoHa, medic locker, Air rep pads, land rep pads, etc) for the code.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Classical Modder wrote:Well, best way to do this is to make supply vehicles (Hanomag, HoHa) distribute negative health instead of positive health. This is the mechanism death bubbles use and it works well except for vehicles that get stuck in the death bubbles.

You can edit the faction(s) which are affected by the negative health, edit the radius of the death bubble, and edit how much health it takes away from the soldier or vehicle. It's quite neat actually.

Look at the supply depot objects (Hanomag, HoHa, medic locker, Air rep pads, land rep pads, etc) for the code.
I know how death bubbles work, silly. I was talking about what makes the barb wire fences damage soldiers.