GTA 20's

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Bonaparte

GTA 20's

Post by Bonaparte »

Ok i have started a new interesting mod! It is GTA 20's. I will need help and ideas, like new game modes and things like that. The mod is built on fh1, so there is no need of weapons yet. But i need "civilians" walking on the streets, and yes i really mean WALKING :D. It would be really crazy to have a game mode where you need to steal a money bag or something, like CTF.
http://gta20s.webs.com/ this is my free web site, I just made it so i dont have anything new to show, but im working on maps now. And i need "Gangster" textures.
motoko

Re: GTA 20's

Post by motoko »

I wonder if its possible to remove all the weapons from one team, and possible have them as a civilian team. Is having more than one playing team possible?
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

Well it's possible to do weaponless kits but the problem is like you said that then there would be only 1 playable team for humans. But i have seen in dc unauthorized mod atleast cars which were driving without of any driver and were not on the playerlist.
motoko

Post by motoko »

Bonaparte wrote:Well it's possible to do weaponless kits but the problem is like you said that then there would be only 1 playable team for humans. But i have seen in dc unauthorized mod atleast cars which were driving without of any driver and were not on the playerlist.
I think that was because of an Engine like this, maybe? Could you possbile make the civilians an Object and attach an engine to it?
(mr)howdoimod

Post by (mr)howdoimod »

you can only have two teams. no more, no less, as far as I have heard. You could make a novelty mod where only one team plays but no one will like to play it.
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

Well i have seen these playerless cars driving with my own eyes. But i must say that i'm not a really good modder, i am a good mapper but no modder. Maybe i find someone who is willing to help with this problem.
Coroner47

Post by Coroner47 »

I actually just recently added 3 teams to a map & surprisingly it didn't crash. I was going to use the 3rd team specifically for the AI on the sentry gun i made, but ditched the idea cause the gun would probably see every 1 as the enemy & i was manually spawning the 3rd team onto the gun which didn't work. I couldn't get "spawnPointManager.groupTeam 3" to spawn the 3rd team. It would spawn the 2nd team when set to 3. Maybe some 1 else could try to get 3 teams working? Im sure its do-able.
Pray hard, die fast
RuBBa_cHiKiN

Post by RuBBa_cHiKiN »

You should add an animated lion. They don't call it the "Roaring 20's" for nothing!
Archimonday

Post by Archimonday »

Well think of Civilians as animated organic vehicles, or Bots that are not allowed to use kits.