Different static objects in different game modes

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Tuesday

Different static objects in different game modes

Post by Tuesday »

I want to spawn some static objects in ctf mode on a certain map but I don't want them to be there in conquest or tdm. Is it possible to do this by using an if statement or by other means?

I realise that this is ssm so the static objects wont be visible but I don't need them to be visible. Any help is appreciated :)
Diamondback

Re: Different static objects in different game modes

Post by Diamondback »

Look for a file called ''AdditionalStaticObjects.con'' in your Conquest, TDM or CTF folder. This is the file you need to add new statics for a specific game mode. I would suggest just adding the objects normally via BC or Ed42 then cutting the additional objects to that file.

Although you can add new statics with this file, you cannot remove statics with it.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Why not just use a separate ObjectSpawns kind of file with the statics in it, then have the game mode read (run) that file?
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

Classical Modder wrote:Look for a file called ''AdditionalStaticObjects.con'' in your Conquest, TDM or CTF folder. This is the file you need to add new statics for a specific game mode. I would suggest just adding the objects normally via BC or Ed42 then cutting the additional objects to that file.

Although you can add new statics with this file, you cannot remove statics with it.
I couldn't get that to work. Maybe it is because I am modding a vanilla bf1942 map that doesn't normally have an AdditionalStaticObjects.con file?

Swaffy wrote:Why not just use a separate ObjectSpawns kind of file with the statics in it, then have the game mode read (run) that file?
I managed to get it to work doing this, I didn't know I could spawn statics in ObjectSpawn files :roll:

Thank you both for the replies :)
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Tuesday wrote:
Classical Modder wrote:Look for a file called ''AdditionalStaticObjects.con'' in your Conquest, TDM or CTF folder. This is the file you need to add new statics for a specific game mode. I would suggest just adding the objects normally via BC or Ed42 then cutting the additional objects to that file.

I couldn't get that to work. Maybe it is because I am modding a vanilla bf1942 map that doesn't normally have an AdditionalStaticObjects.con file?
Doesn't matter... if the file is not included in your Conquest folder or whichever game mode folder you're editing you can still create it and include all the static objects you want in that file.
See my Strasbourg map project here.