modern Battlefield Rush mode in 1942

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Carnie The Clown

modern Battlefield Rush mode in 1942

Post by Carnie The Clown »

Hey guys.

I have a question: is it possible to bring Rush from Bf3/4 into this older game? I can picture Kbely Airfield with little Mcoms positioned in the houses and in the hangars.

I know there's objective mode, but it doesn't really count, and you can't play with bots.

So has anyone tried this, or know if it could be done?

Thanks!
Diamondback

Re: modern Battlefield Rush mode in 1942

Post by Diamondback »

Describe the game mode please?
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Carnie The Clown

Post by Carnie The Clown »

Classical Modder wrote:Describe the game mode please?
Sure. Sorry i'm late.

One team is designated the Attackers, while the other is designated Defenders. Both teams start in a small location on one side of the map. The Attackers' goal is to try to arm and destroy a pair of mcom stations (bombs) in the area, while the Defenders try to wear down the Attackers' tickets down to nothing. Both sides get vehicles. Once one pair of Mcoms is destroyed, them the Attackers' capture the area as their new respawn base, and the defenders get pushed back and respawn at a new base further down the map, defending a new pair of mcoms. Rinse and repeat about 4 times to win the game. Every time a single mcom is destroyed, then the attackers' tickets get restored (default is 100).
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Carnie The Clown wrote:
Classical Modder wrote:Describe the game mode please?
Sure. Sorry i'm late.

One team is designated the Attackers, while the other is designated Defenders. Both teams start in a small location on one side of the map. The Attackers' goal is to try to arm and destroy a pair of mcom stations (bombs) in the area, while the Defenders try to wear down the Attackers' tickets down to nothing. Both sides get vehicles. Once one pair of Mcoms is destroyed, them the Attackers' capture the area as their new respawn base, and the defenders get pushed back and respawn at a new base further down the map, defending a new pair of mcoms. Rinse and repeat about 4 times to win the game. Every time a single mcom is destroyed, then the attackers' tickets get restored (default is 100).
Not sure about the ''tickets restore'' part, but for the rest your description matches the ''Push'' Conquest game mode found in Forgotten Hope a lot.

Most of what you're describing shouldn't be hard to code, however there is no way to raise the number of tickets for a side in Conquest mode without editing the EXE. Something maybe tuia could look into perhaps? Send him a message on these forums or on SiMPLE Forums (http://team-simple.org).

EDIT: Corrected the link.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

What's about the rush mode in bf 1942? Does it Works or not?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

It can work, minus the ticket restore part. Also, bots can be added to Objective no problem, just as they can be added to basically any game mode, even CTF.
buschhans

Post by buschhans »

We need a working mod for test this new rush mode?
If do you like the BF 1942 Mods or search a Download please visit: http://hg-clan.blogspot.de/
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

buschhans wrote:We need a working mod for test this new rush mode?
Indeed, I am curious as to how this would work.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

There is no way to make it the way Carnie describes it without making minor modifications to Carnie's original post. Everything up to the "ticket restore" part when a mcom is destroyed is possible, and it would be best to make that game mode by altering the current Objective GPM in Secret Weapons. Attackers and Defenders is exactly what Objective is about.

I already have a similar game mode in my mod. It's basically a modded version of Objective made for an infantry environment.