256 Bots in Instant Battle Mode (no EXE hack required!)

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Swaffy

Re: 256 Bots in Instant Battle Mode (no EXE hack required!)

Post by Swaffy »

bluesman6 wrote:so where dose that file go? this is what I have been looking for. I want to increase the number of bots in single player mode for bf42 and bfv I have found where it said 400 % on bots and changed it to 1600 but did not get anymore bots than 64. any help would be great I do not know how to read codes so I get lost very easy and have just been changing numbers. I was able to increase the bot count in bf2 but it is simpler to understand. yours bluesman6 out
Perhaps you missed this part of the first post:
Apache Thunder wrote:256BotMod.rar

The AiDefault.con file is not included. For the mod you are going to use this on, you'll need to edit that file your self. Details are included in the ReadMe file in the archive linked above.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
bluesman6

Post by bluesman6 »

Thanks for answering but I downloaded that and it is just an rar file and no read me file. I have changed the number where it says % of bots in all of the general options files but no luck. In what file do I find the slider node? I now have 100 bots on each side in bf2 and wish to do that for bf42 and battlegroup42 as well as bfv and bfv-eod.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Does the mods you are editing already have a modified Instant Battle menu? If not, you can just use mine. But note if you have to edit the meme file, there's two nodes you have to change. I don't recall now where the other node is. But if you need a reference point, you can open my modifed meme file in the meme editor and find the second instance which will show you where to find it in the meme file you are editing for the mod.

I never tested this method with BFV, so no guarantee that it will work for BFV.

Currently my latest release of BF242 Redux mod now has this feature. So if you want to try out 255 bot madness, you can download that mod from the download section of the forum. It will be the BF242 Redux mod. NOT the older original mod as that one is now outdated. :P

Also the create game page in the mulitplayer menu is a seperate meme file and my files I provided here do not provide that one. There's a integre value in a certain node that you can change to allow more then 64 players but a EXE hack is needed as the client exe can't host games with more then 64 players. Only Instant Battle singleplayer can do this. You are better off just getting the hacked dedicated server exe that allows more players, then using that to host your multiplayer games for the higher player counts. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
freddy

Post by freddy »

bluesman6 wrote:Thanks for answering but I downloaded that and it is just an rar file and no read me file.
Get Winrar, install it, then try again.
Attachments
winrar.jpg
bluesman6

Post by bluesman6 »

hey I now have 100 bots per side in bf2 and the mods I have for it , is great fun and have adjusted the number of tickets so the game will last longer. If anybody can figure out how to do this for bfv that would be great. I have the eod mod for bfv and think it would be great to have more bots pre side in single player any help would be great. thanks bluesman6 out.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

It should work in BFV too as the meme files for the Instant Battle mode use the same nodes and such. But I have no plans on working on one for BFV. Someone else will need to edit them. There's only two nodes that need to be modified. If you can find the right ones, it's an easy tweak. The normal maximum percentage number the vanilla files are set to is 400%. so a search for "400" in the meme editor should get you to the correct nodes. But be sure to backup the files before you change them. Things are bit different when editing the range of the actual slider as you need to increase it's range as well or it won't let you set it above 400%. It happens to be setup in a node very close to the one that defines the max percentage that the text field will display. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
al13326

Post by al13326 »

Apache Thunder wrote:...but a EXE hack is needed as the client exe can't host games with more then 64 players.
As for the executable binary, here's my modified .exe as well as the necessary .rfa files which allow to play against 256 players/bots in coop mode:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fi ... 2789264727

The .exe is the current file from -=[aX]=- and team-simple as the old binaries provided by FH team (indicated by this post in ModDB:http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield- ... ds-255-max) and FHR developer ziba128 still requires a Bf1942 disc inserted in optical drive while gaming, as well as no widescreen support and unpatched master server.

Please let me know if it works.
"My God, there were airplanes all over the sky, and most of them had red meatballs on their wings!"

1st Lt. James "Zeke" E. Swett; VMF-221, USMC
April 7, 1943
al13326

Post by al13326 »

An updated version, including for Origin-based Battlefield 1942 installation plus improvements for AI/bots behaviour (kinda). :roll:
https://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield ... in-version
Last edited by al13326 on Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, there were airplanes all over the sky, and most of them had red meatballs on their wings!"

1st Lt. James "Zeke" E. Swett; VMF-221, USMC
April 7, 1943
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

16 000 tickets! Holy crap.

I'd like to see a server filled up with 256 players, that would be insane.
See my Strasbourg map project here.