How do I add the PT boats to Single Player?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
andoodle

How do I add the PT boats to Single Player?

Post by andoodle »

Excuse me, guys.

I have another question regarding single player. I am trying to add single player to the Invasion of the Philippines map by using the single player section of the BattleGroup42 version of that map (I am doing that for my personal use only), but when I try to load the map, I get two errors, which means that the errors = say that the AI templates for the Elco 80 and the Type 38 are missing. What I am doing wrong, and what am I missing? I would like to know. Thanks.
freddy

Re: How do I add the PT boats to Single Player?

Post by freddy »

They never made any AI files for the PT-boats for some reason, i think there was someone who made some AI files for them, not sure tho.

You can still spawn those boats but the bots will not use them and they will not attack you either if you drive one.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Best thing you can do is copy/paste the AI files from the landing craft (LCVP, Daihatsu) and edit them to work with the functions of the PT boats. Such as weaponry, steering, throttle, gunner rotations, etc.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Swaffy wrote:Best thing you can do is copy/paste the AI files from the landing craft (LCVP, Daihatsu) and edit them to work with the functions of the PT boats. Such as weaponry, steering, throttle, gunner rotations, etc.
I'm back. I should let you know that I copied and pasted the AI files from both the Battlegroup42 and Forgotten Hope versions of the PT boats, including the capability for launching sea mines (I did those things for my personal use only). Thank you for your help.