BF242

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
=ArA=DeathFromAbove

BF242

Post by =ArA=DeathFromAbove »

Appache Thunder - I am porting the UAV from the BF242 mod over to BFV and theres a projectile i cant find.

US_RemoteCamera

I am assuming the projectile template US_UAV is actually the PCO. All else is accounted for.

thanks
Apache Thunder

Re: BF242

Post by Apache Thunder »

In the newest version I have yet to upload I moved it to the Air folder in vehicles and named it "SupplyUAV". But I haven't uploaded this new version yet. I hope to have a better ISP by next month or so and should be able to finally upload it.

So for now it's mostly in the location it was when I first started improving the mod. I think you should be able to find it in the vehicles -> supplycrate folder under RemoteCamera folder I think.

The UAV that drops supply crates and vehicle drops uses the same mesh as the main flyable UAV, but does not have a prop and has a special engine configuration that makes it "float" in a way similer to the commander view in BF2. So it's mostly code that makes it work and the UAV mesh is just there so enemy players can shoot it down. :twisted:
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
=ArA=DeathFromAbove

Yepper thanks. I didnt realize the camera was a PCO also and I was looking in the weapons files not the objects.

thanks
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Glad i could help. I will be getting that NTS Fiber2User internet soon. Once I do, I will be uploading all of my latest mods. I had done some minor updates to my DC Unauthorized mod and another update to the BF242 mod that brings a new map: Dalian Plant! It's the 100% conversion of the BF2 map and includes 99% of all the BF2 statics on that map converted directly from BF2 courtesy of DACV. He was the one that did the map conversion from BF2 to BFV. I converted the map from BFV to BF1942.

I also plan to finish up the first beta version of my BFHeroes mod conversion that brings an entire map from BFHeroes to BF1942! Complete with handweapons and the two jeeps! So far I have to complete the gunner kits and do the vehicle conversions. The map is spot on and is even more accurate in conversion then DACV's BF2 map conversions!

I used a new method to convert the object positions from BFHeroes to BF1942 standards and was able to port the map and not have to place the statics from scratch in a level editor (like Battlecraft or Editor42 for example). So in theory I can even do very accurate conversions of BF2/BF2142 maps to BF1942 if I really tried. ;)
ImageImageImage
=ArA=DeathFromAbove

Beaudy.

Im still getting problems with the UAV in game, i can run it in the debugger.

One of the items im looking at is in the objects.con file for the UAVTrailer_US is in the USCVComplex. The complex is looking for a mesh as follows:

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.geometry UAVTrailer_US_m1
However, when I look in the geometries.con for the trailer there is no UAVTrailer_US_m1 reference to the mesh. Im sure its somewhere in the mod otherwise this would CTD. I have looked in the supply crate as well, and could not see the mesh. Any ideas?

In fact I see meshes in the BF2 folder for the UAVTrailer but cant see what geometries.con file is referring to them.

cheers
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

The supply crate related stuff can be found in common/objects/Supplydrops. At least that's where it is currently on my harddrive. It might be somewhere else in the version you have. I forget my self where I put the UAVTrailer Geometry templates. Just recreate them your self since you know where the meshes are. I didn't do anything special with the geometry templates themselves, so you can just recreate the geometry templates it asks for.
ImageImageImage