need help

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Bonaparte

need help

Post by Bonaparte »

Hi everybody! Im new with this modding thing and i need help. My mod is crashing every time my friend is trying to join my server. So it works when you are alone in a server but if my friend joins it crashes. Any help?

Thanks.
fo0k

Re: need help

Post by fo0k »

Hey man, given that it could be a number of reasons can you post up a link to the mod here and I'm sure it can be solved
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

Yeah sure, i must say that i just started doing this mod, so dont expect anything :D

http://www.filefront.com/15344285/The_W ... moomins.7z

and btw thanks dude.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

lol!

so.. just taking a quick look, the kits are a 'little' buggy :)

i have strange internal ip address problems at the moment so will test multi when i fix. Im guessing its the kits though.. missing knife?

what are you trying to achieve? are players supposed to have a knife? its easier to make a seperate kit with no weapons.. or just one etc.. then assign this in the main init of your map.. rather than adjust all the existing kits.

theres very little that you have changed though so should be an easy fix. hopefully one of the other more experience members can take a look and solve it. understand if you are new to it.. once multi gets fixed we can help sort the rest out.

it is some epic shit as stated.. :)
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

Yeah thanks :) Im trying to do a funny mod where these "moomins" are fighting against all kinds of shit. So if you wanna join us its ok :D

http://www.freewebs.com/maikk1/ this is our homepage...:D

Those pictures are from an earlier version and we have started this mod from beginning again, trying to make it more "realistic" :lol:
MR PINK BALLS

Post by MR PINK BALLS »

Image Image

I <3 Ironmen
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

bona, have you tried running the mod without your custom objects folder? see if that works.. then if it does gradually add your customs (theres only a few) until you have an issue. then you can tie down whats causing the issue..
Bonaparte

Post by Bonaparte »

I made a new mod and didn't add anything new, and it still crashed in multiplayer. Then i added desert combat to the mod's source. And it started working normally. But now im working on "GTA 20's" mod. And im going to need help with "civilians" because i have no idea how to add them into a map. They should be weaponless dudes just walking on the streets.
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

couple of AI folk here.. probably worth a new thread.. Im already thinking of that massacre scene in Modern Warfare 2 heheheh

Sounds a little LA Noire..?