Battlefield Bloom Mod (enbseries d3d8.dll)

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Re: Battlefield Bloom Mod (enbseries d3d8.dll)

Post by fo0k »

its kinda clever.. you can add (weird) reflections when you fly over water in addition to the bloom etc.. the shadow option is the one which could be very interesting.. if it could produce the dynamic shaodws on objects it would be cool.. but the values in the ini make some sense and then at other times don't. the fact is that it 'knows' what water is.. so this cant just be after effects..?
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

just noticed that you had already tagged this onto the high definition shaodws thread, senshi :)
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

The bloom mod is no "after effects" mod per se. It uses a simple and brililant idea: Snatching and manipulating data that is sent between engine and output (graphic cards). Because this is a "chokepoint" that every regular game has to go on PC: DirectX. The .dll now "simply" orders the DX to change some small parsing stuff here and there, resulting in a different signal that is sent to the graphic card to process. That's obviously a very simplified explanation. All the settings of the Bloom Mod however assume some basics on behalf of the engine, which by far are not common to every engine. As stated it was developed for GTA:SA and its engine, it's a mere side effect it works with other games too. But the water/reflection/fog etc. settings work only if the engine of the other game treats them the same as GTA does. Which seldom is the case: In BF, only the Bloom parameters actually work as they should. All the other stuff doesn't work at all or does work, but glitchy useless (e.g. reflections...the dll recognizes the BF water as water, but is unable to read the water level where the reflections would need to be "locked" to. Thus, there are reflections, but they solely depend on the players viewport, so they look good if you stand at a certain angle at a certain position, but look aweful from everywhere else. And they reflect the HUD elements too...
Jeronimo

Post by Jeronimo »

Senshi wrote:The bloom mod is no "after effects" mod per se.
Yepp, found that out when thinking about how this is supposed to work...
The trick is the bf1942.exe uses a D3D8.dll via early binding. To find it, Windows checks the following paths in the following order:
1. exe directory
2. system folder
3. paths listed in PATH env variable
4. further others (or similar to this...)

If you go to %SYSTEMROOT%\System32 you will find one there, too. This is the original one which is skipped by this trick, and I assume the "cracked" one includes this other .dll itself and works as a kind of patch to it. So it can remove/add anything it wants, well, it could actually also remove fog as Nodbrother said or probably show a 3D map where all the players are at etc. etc. Quite amazing that PB doesn't notice that, at least it didn't when I tried the .dll on my (PB-turned-on) server... :shock:
CaRnAgE

Post by CaRnAgE »

it works on battlefield vietnam aswel well kinda.you have to get the DX9 version for it.
here you are its the gtasa enbseries d3d9.dll but im experimenting to see what i can get it to do
files include:
Battlefield Bloom Mod enbseries.ini (works best so far)
d3dx9_40.dll
d3d9.dll
and some readmes <---------------RTFM people :roll:
This doesnt work on vista :lol:
ill add a link when filefront is up again
Show a man how to make a fire and hes warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for an eternity
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

is it possible to get source for these dll's and actually make/modify one for bf?
hl2, crysis etc.... they are exactly the same as bf1942 but with some clever rendering functionality..(maybe not the engine.. but the polys on screen.. you get my drift)

with faster modern pc's you can run a dll like this and make it do anything you want i guess?
Sniperjack

Post by Sniperjack »

Actually I have been kicked by PunkBuster from a certain server several times for having this. I happens about 5 minutes after joining the server, and is fine without it on.

The water reflections is sexy but only really works for screenshots, not videos because it is shitty at most angles.
CaRnAgE

Post by CaRnAgE »

Show a man how to make a fire and hes warm for a day, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for an eternity