INSTER

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Abstract

INSTER

Post by Abstract »

Back in 2003 when I was in a BF1942 clan named VS-UK we spent several months creating a HUGE / MASSIVE map (I think possibly the largest map available at the time & possibly still is?), it is named INSTER & it includes a few mods (needs the Road to Rome expansion to play) & was released in "Alpha" state (was only a conquest map as it doesn't look or play at all well in other modes!) - I have recently re-installed it and I had forgotten how big it is! ... However, even in conquest mode there are a few buildings that need more accurate placement and I could do with some help (as I was self taught using a variety of software to create it and will need to re-learn all that I was doing back then - I have the memory of a goldfish!) ...

If there is anyone willing to help, or just want to travel around this massive map, you can download the file from here -->
http://www.1uk1.net/inster/INSTER.rar. Just unpack it and place the folder in the Mods folder ("C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods").

Additionally I would also like to be able to remove the mods and create a vanilla BF1942 version as well..... but will probably need help / reminding which lines of code to take out lol.

Would also appreciate any feedback or suggestions along the way :D

Also I been looking around at the old modding sites but most seem more or less inactive now - have always just wanted to see how the map would play with a lot of players .......as it was designed for....

Failing all the above I need to know what tools I should use to smooth terrain with & the most acurate tool to use for better placement of objects ... Thanx in advance for any help you guys can give me :D