Special para spawn apart

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Zapp

Special para spawn apart

Post by Zapp »

Hi,

I have a question that must have already been asked. But I can't find the solution. Please help me or redirect me to the right topic.

I'd like to learn how to make a special spawn flag apart from the standard flag spawn, you know, like in the maps Market Garden or Liberation of Caen.

The spawn points should have those settings :
-Available only for Allied troops.
-Related with a flag, but people can choose between spawning at the flag or at this special points

Thanks.
Swaffy

Re: Special para spawn apart

Post by Swaffy »

My memory fails me; I swear I've seen a topic like this here before, but can't find one. So here's what I know about the para spawns:

I'm going to use some of my own code that I just added into my mod, it's for spawning soldiers directly into vehicles. I'll tell you how to change it to work to your needs.

My code:

Code: Select all

rem *** Soldier Spawner ***
ObjectTemplate.create SpawnPoint SBDSoldierSpawnPoint
ObjectTemplate.setSpawnId 98
ObjectTemplate.setGroup 99
ObjectTemplate.setEnterOnSpawn 1
ObjectTemplate.setAIEnterOnSpawn 1

spawnPointManager.group 99
spawnPointManager.groupTeam 2
spawnPointManager.groupIcon test1.tga
Ignore the "EnterOnSpawn" lines. Those are used for forcing players and bots into PCOs when spawning. Everything else is relevant though.

ObjectTemplate.setGroup 99

spawnPointManager.group 99
These two lines are what is important. Remember that white dot you click on when choosing a spawn point in the spawn menu? Each dot represents a spawn group. Each spawn point sharing the same Group ID number share the same spawn selection "dot". This is very important if you want your para trooper spawn points to be separated from the other flags and spawns. All you need to do is have the para trooper spawns on their own Group ID number and you should be fine. They do not have to be attached to a flag capture point either.

This is an example of a para trooper spawn that one of my mod's maps (King_of_the_Island) uses:

ObjectTemplate.create SpawnPoint SpawnRotating2
ObjectTemplate.setSpawnRotation 0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setSpawnPositionOffset 0/0/0
ObjectTemplate.setSpawnPreventionDelay 0
ObjectTemplate.setSpawnId 0
ObjectTemplate.setGroup 56
The bots seem to deploy their parachutes upon spawning, but the player has to deploy his manually.
If you want the parachute to deploy automatically, try this code:

ObjectTemplate.setSpawnAsParaTroper 1
But I have not tested it yet.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
Zapp

Post by Zapp »

Ok, thanks a lot swaffy ! But where should I put all those lines in the same file ? And in which file ? spawnpointmanagersettings.con ? Soldierspawn.con ? soldierspawntemplate.con ??????
And will I have to do it with all the types (ctf, cqst, ...) ???
freddy

Post by freddy »

Zapp wrote:
I'd like to learn how to make a special spawn flag apart from the standard flag spawn, you know, like in the maps Market Garden or Liberation of Caen.

The spawn points should have those settings :
-Available only for Allied troops.
-Related with a flag, but people can choose between spawning at the flag or at this special points

Thanks.
i could make this ssm modding, but i guess you making your own map?
I dont remember exactly how the paraspawn in Market Garden works, but why not just copy the files or function?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

If you have gone through a map's file tree, you may have noticed each game mode having a set of files with the code for object spawners, soldier spawns, and the control point. That's where this code would go (SoldierSpawnTemplates and SoldierSpawns). Just like how you go into a map editor and place soldier spawns, just place the soldier spawns and make sure your para trooper spawns have the same Group ID and isn't being used by any other Group ID on that map.
Zapp

Post by Zapp »

Ok, I think I begin to understand, but all of this is very complicated to me. I'm nothing but a poor classic BC user, not a modder. I would understand better if you explained me something like :

"Put the line [ObjectTemplate.setGroup 99] in the file "/conquest/soldierspawn.con"
and the line [ObjectTemplate.setSpawnAsParaTroper 1] in the file "/conquest/soldierspawntemplates.con"

You understand what I mean ? I fear that if I try by myself I'll spend 10 hours copying/pasting the lines for nothing cause the result won't be the right one just because a data was not the right one or at the right place X(
When I learnt to mod for a new weapon (for example the pak40) I followed line by line the instruction of the site http://home.earthlink.net/~dweller_bent ... adding.htm
And after making it 5 or 6 times then the different lines started to make sense to me. It's cause I don't know a thing about modding and I have to be led at the beginning so that I can understand what I'm told to do and try to improve by myself the next time :/

That's very kind of you to help me, but I fear I need more help than what you can imagine :?
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Have you at least opened up a map in a map editor and placed objects? Have you opened up a map in an RFA editor and studied the files to see how they are set up and what the files contain?
Zapp

Post by Zapp »

Of course, in battlecraft there's an "archive file editor". I also use the MDT to extract rfa and add objects. All I want to know is : In order to mod this special spawn point, what is the file I have to modify...
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

My second post in this thread says where they go.