Need to find a French weapon for BF1942

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
andoodle

Need to find a French weapon for BF1942

Post by andoodle »

Excuse me, guys. I have another question. This time, it regards a certain French weapon. Where can i find, for Battlefield 1942, the FM 24/29 Châtellerault light machine gun? If it is not available individually, then which mods contain the FM 24/29 Châtellerault light machine gun? Note: I am doing this for my personal use only. Thanks.
Diamondback

Re: Need to find a French weapon for BF1942

Post by Diamondback »

I think your best bet would be Forgotten Hope/Battlegroup42 for mods.

PM Senshi for BG42, he would know.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Swaffy

Post by Swaffy »

Yep, I'm looking at the files for one right now that's in Battlegroup '42. I see the base 3D model for the FM 24/29, file name is fm2429_base_m1 and there are a couple others for the mag and such. But I highly reccomend NOT doing what I do and just copying stuff from everywhere, you might want to ask first. My main problem is that half, or most, of the people who developed the different mods I get stuff from I can't get in contact with anywhere/anymore. But Battlegroup is still going strong, thankfully. I'm happy to see modding teams still working on their mods. I'm sure my mod's next release would be done if I wasn't spending so much time playing Fallout: New Vegas and Garry's Mod.
(Forum Thread|Download) Swaffy'sMod v0.34 | Download link to come Soon™
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

Swaffy wrote:Yep, I'm looking at the files for one right now that's in Battlegroup '42. I see the base 3D model for the FM 24/29, file name is fm2429_base_m1 and there are a couple others for the mag and such. But I highly reccomend NOT doing what I do and just copying stuff from everywhere, you might want to ask first.
All right, then. Can this weapon be held the same way as the other light machine guns, or do you have to deploy it or go prone in order to use it? Also, whom do you suppose I should ask about this?
Vilespring

Post by Vilespring »

andoodle wrote:...whom do you suppose I should ask about this?
Well, when I made my personal enjoyment mod, I did not really ask to borrow the two tanks, but I personally believe that you can keep your mod TO YOUR SELF, (maybe play it in LAN parties, but I'm kinda hazy on that one.) you should be fine. :)
A picture is worth a thousand words, but takes up three thousand times the memory.

Area 51: http://battlefieldarea51mod.weebly.com/

"I didn't steal your pizza"
dudejo

Post by dudejo »

Have you thought of using the Chauchat?
andoodle

Post by andoodle »

dudejo wrote:Have you thought of using the Chauchat?
Not really. It was more than likely used in limited numbers during WWII.

EDIT:
Swaffy wrote:I highly reccomend NOT doing what I do and just copying stuff from everywhere, you might want to ask first.
With all due respect, I am doing that for my personal use only. This means that I have no intention on distributing my mod through or via the internet... in any way. Also, I contacted the BattleGroup42 administrator (I joined the group beforehand) about whether the FM24/29 can be used as a normal firearm like the other "HandWeapons," and he told me that it can be used as a normal firearm, though that does not mean that it cannot be used as a stationary weapon as well.