GeometryTemplate.create RoamTerrain

Post by fo0k »

Any idea what this is?

GeometryTemplate.create RoamTerrain

found it in the exe..
tekk

Re: GeometryTemplate.create RoamTerrain

Post by tekk »

Well im just gonna toss this out there , while trying to import the ac-130 i have come across that line, I think its almost the same line as what a spawner would be cause the next line of code below the GeometryTemplate.create calls on the texture files , doubt that helped or made sense but hey lol
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Apache Thunder

Re: GeometryTemplate.create RoamTerrain

Post by Apache Thunder »

RoamTerrain is some really old beta patchTerrain type mesh object. It does mostly the same as PatchTerrain except most of the water commands don't work with it and some other odd issues. For example the terrain at the world border doesn't always appear correctly and it appears to use a different material map system as the materialmap.raw file doesn't work when this terrain type is used.

I haven't gone far into this mesh class. So it's worth exploring.

Also, if a map uses RoamTerrain, then it will CTD when you exit the map/reload the map. ;P

Another odd thing is that it doesn't show up in the command database website I go to. So I have no idea what the code set is for this mesh class.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!