ObjectTemplate.active IraqSoldier 
ObjectTemplate.speedMod .1
ObjectTemplate.angleMod .1
rem
ObjectTemplate.active USSoldier 
rem
Does this affect what impacts the soldier, or what the soldier impacts, or both?

I am using this in an urban environment to minimalize the damage a soldier incurs when jumping down from low buildings or dropping off a few feet.
A person isn't going to die dropping 8 ft. They will take some damage but they aren't going to die.
Dropping off a 3 story building...uh yep, you're going to die.

There are some reports of concerns about soldiers taking "less" damage from weapons and I'm concerned.

Thanks,

~ tona
Diamondback

Re: Speedmod

Post by Diamondback »

tonawandares wrote:All,

I just have a question regarding using the following code:

Code: Select all

ObjectTemplate.active IraqSoldier 
rem
ObjectTemplate.active USSoldier 
rem
Does this affect what impacts the soldier, or what the soldier impacts, or both?

I am using this in an urban environment to minimalize the damage a soldier incurs when jumping down from low buildings or dropping off a few feet.
A person isn't going to die dropping 8 ft. They will take some damage but they aren't going to die.
Dropping off a 3 story building...uh yep, you're going to die.

There are some reports of concerns about soldiers taking "less" damage from weapons and I'm concerned.

Thanks,

~ tona
It impacts the soldier itself, and nothing else. This is some interesting code, thanks for posting it. I was actually looking for something like this.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
russ

Post by russ »

The only normal gameplay events I can think of that would have their damage modified unintentionally would be getting hit by vehicles and possibly knife, but I'd need to look up how the knife deals damage.

Other options:

* Change the material/material damage modifier value for collisions. This would avoid changing the damage taken getting hit by a vehicle.
* Change the damage value for given materials.
* Add a kit part that damps collision damage
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

I'd want to make a specific vehicle invulnerable to all kinds of damage. So if anyone here knows how that's accomplished, please don't hesitate to reply here, or PM me.

EDIT: I found it... it's ObjectTemplate.hasArmor. It needs to be set to 0, then it's completely indestructible to anything.
Regards,

Skull Kid