Strange phenomenom when importing a vehicle from a mod

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Skull Kid

Strange phenomenom when importing a vehicle from a mod

Post by Skull Kid »

So, I randomly decided to take a look at a vehicle from the Forgotten Hope (0.7) mod. This is the only mod that has this problem, along with Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon. Parts are sometimes missing and other times, the vanilla vehicle loads. At it's best, everything loads, but things like the hull of a tank can be aligned right at the tracks.

Does anyone here know why these things happens here in 3ds Max 7?
Attachments
Mod_bug.JPG
Last edited by Skull Kid on Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Skull Kid
fo0k

Re: Strange phenomenom when importing a vehicle from a mod

Post by fo0k »

That tool was always a bit unreliable I thought even with original assets... so perhaps just something a bit off in the objects / geometries file confusing the importer

The game likes it.. but the max tool doesn't

at a guess.
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

fo0k wrote:That tool was always a bit unreliable I thought even with original assets... so perhaps just something a bit off in the objects / geometries file confusing the importer

The game likes it.. but the max tool doesn't

at a guess.
Thanks for your input fo0k. Yes, I thought it was strange indeed that it only happened with Forgotten Hope, and Forgotten Hope Secret Weapon, but not with BattleGroup42... nevermind. I was just curious why this happened. Oh well, not much to do about it I guess.
Regards,

Skull Kid
one

Post by one »

The reason is random geometries. If you look into objects.con and geometries.con, you'll see a set of 9 turrets which are selected randomly. That's why it doesn't show up in 3ds Max
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

one wrote:The reason is random geometries. If you look into objects.con and geometries.con, you'll see a set of 9 turrets which are selected randomly. That's why it doesn't show up in 3ds Max
Ah, so it that's why. Thanks for telling me.
Regards,

Skull Kid