Restricting weapon kits - bazooka only

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fatfewl

Restricting weapon kits - bazooka only

Post by fatfewl »

Hello all,

I have never done any Bf1942 modding before. I read the guide and quickly made an edit to a few maps which is very basic and sets all the kits on each team to be bazooka only.

Code: Select all

game.setTeamSkin 1 JapaneseSoldier
game.setKit 1 0 Jap_AT
game.setKit 1 1 Jap_AT
game.setKit 1 2 Jap_AT
game.setKit 1 3 Jap_AT
game.setKit 1 4 Jap_AT

game.setTeamSkin 2 USMarineSoldier
game.setKit 2 0 UsMarine_AT
game.setKit 2 1 UsMarine_AT
game.setKit 2 2 UsMarine_AT
game.setKit 2 3 UsMarine_AT
game.setKit 2 4 UsMarine_AT

This works (annoying that it has to be painstaking done for each map) but it is a very basic edit and I think I can remember back in the glory days of BF1942 that some servers had a count restriction on the number of weapon kits a team could have (I remember the sniper class was often restricted). This could limit a kit to x number of people playing as it or have a restriction of 0 so the kit could not be selected. Or so I believe; this was a long time ago now.

So my question is rather than use the method I have used above is there a more elegant way to do it? The solution must be a server side mod that does not require download by each client. I have searched the forum but was not able to easily find anything other than the guide I used to do the above.

As a side note, when disabling a weapon, which .con is the code (example below) entered into?

ObjectTemplate.Active GrenadeAllies
ObjectTemplate.setInputFire c_PIMouseLook
ObjectTemplate.velocityDependentOnHeat 0
ObjectTemplate.heatAddWhenFire 0
Thanks all for your help.
freddy

Re: Restricting weapon kits - bazooka only

Post by freddy »

fatfewl wrote: back in the glory days of BF1942 that some servers had a count restriction on the number of weapon kits a team could have (I remember the sniper class was often restricted). This could limit a kit to x number of people playing as it or have a restriction of 0 so the kit could not be selected. Or so I believe; this was a long time ago now.

So my question is rather than use the method I have used above is there a more elegant way to do it? The solution must be a server side mod that does not require download by each client. I have searched the forum but was not able to easily find anything other than the guide I used to do the above.

As a side note, when disabling a weapon, which .con is the code (example below) entered into?

ObjectTemplate.setInputFire c_PIMouseLook
ObjectTemplate.velocityDependentOnHeat 0
ObjectTemplate.heatAddWhenFire 0
Thanks all for your help.
I think the finnwars mod has this weapon count restriction you mention, if i remember correct, its a setting in the menus meme files

For the grenade you can try

ObjectTemplate.setInputFire c_PINone
http://bfmods.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=72
fatfewl

Post by fatfewl »

freddy wrote: I think the finnwars mod has this weapon count restriction you mention, if i remember correct, its a setting in the menus meme files
Are you sure? It was for vanilla Bf1942. It was not a mod you had to download, 100% server side.
freddy

Post by freddy »

nope im not sure, there might be some code piece about it that i dont know of, im quite certain that it works like that in the finnwars mod tho, so i would start by checking that out and see if i could use whatever code or files they are using.