Add Vehicles to BF1942 map from another mod / BOB like map

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
YeOldOne404

Re: Add Vehicles to BF1942 map from another mod / BOB like m

Post by YeOldOne404 »

Does this tutorial (http://bfmods.com/tutorialc25d.php?page ... pawns.html) work for bf1942 or is it only for DC? I'm making a client side map.

Well I tried adding the B25 to my test map. I have it loaded in BC42. In this map I have three planes added: B25, B17, Mustang.
They all show up in BC42. But the B25 doesn't show when I test the map.

Where am I going wrong? I added the B17 & mustang hoping to compare the files. IDK, where to go from here.
I know I can do this, but I'm not that great at it. lol

But I did manage to follow this tutorial. (http://www.tfcmaster.net/tutorials/Batt ... /index.htm) I placed that tower in my test map.
So I thought I could use that as a guide to add the B25. But I keep getting stuck.

The map loads without any other errors.

Meanwhile on another maps I was working with I have some other issues. When I tried to load a bf1942 map to copy/edit, there were no textures. It displayed all white in BC42.
I also tried editing the soldiers kits. How do I get them to change correctly?

Maybe these are simple fixes? :)
Attachments
soldier kit error
soldier kit error
BC42 map load error
BC42 map load error
MAP_FOR_TESTING.rar
This is how my test map looks now.
(6.59 MiB) Downloaded 731 times
al13326

Re: Add Vehicles to BF1942 map from another mod / BOB like m

Post by al13326 »

takiwa wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:36 am Battlecrap is from Satan.

Ed42 is from God.

Where do you wanna go when you die?
I know it's years old and sorry to burst your bubble, but Editor42 is a POS to me, performance and usability wise.

I've got a horrible FPS below 30s to as low as 1 FPS when opening a map in Ed42 as oppose to BC42 which get me as high as 100+ FPS when creating/editing!

Hell, even using D3D8to9 + DXVK combo won't solve the performance issues of the former's DirectX 8 API despite I already have a decent lappie CPU/GPU specs (i7-9750H+GTX1660ti).

And did I forget to mention of CTD when resizing the window while creating/editing a map in Ed42? :shock:
viewtopic.php?p=63775#p63775
"My God, there were airplanes all over the sky, and most of them had red meatballs on their wings!"

1st Lt. James "Zeke" E. Swett; VMF-221, USMC
April 7, 1943