player.vehicleHp only works in multiplayer?

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Diamondback

Re: player.vehicleHp only works in multiplayer?

Post by Diamondback »

Skull Kid, are you sure that player.Hp only works in MP like you said? I tried the command on a local server and it didn’t seem to work. Worked fine with the debugger though...

Can you post your code please?
See my Strasbourg map project here.
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Classical Modder wrote:Skull Kid, are you sure that player.Hp only works in MP like you said? I tried the command on a local server and it didn’t seem to work. Worked fine with the debugger though...

Can you post your code please?
Hi Classical Modder =)

Sure can! It's "player.vehicleHp" then of course the value of 30 which is max for infantry, and around 100 or more for tanks =)
Regards,

Skull Kid
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Do you have an example the code you used to make it work on a multiplayer server please?
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Classical Modder wrote:Do you have an example the code you used to make it work on a multiplayer server please?
I forgot to mention you need to make youself "active" by using "player.active" and your name without any spaces whatsoever, then type "player.verhiclehp" followed by a number. All without the quotes, of course =)
Regards,

Skull Kid
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Skull Kid wrote:
Classical Modder wrote:Do you have an example the code you used to make it work on a multiplayer server please?
I forgot to mention you need to make youself "active" by using "player.active" and your name without any spaces whatsoever, then type "player.verhiclehp" followed by a number. All without the quotes, of course =)
When I did that in a local server the console said “Unrecognized object or method”, although it worked fine in the debugger. So I’m not sure that command can work in an Internet server.
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

Classical Modder wrote:
Skull Kid wrote:
When I did that in a local server the console said “Unrecognized object or method”, although it worked fine in the debugger. So I’m not sure that command can work in an Internet server.
Hmm… I'll have to check that out sometime soon… I'll report back!
Regards,

Skull Kid
russ

Post by russ »

You may have to patch the server to accept all console commands.
Skull Kid

Post by Skull Kid »

russ wrote:You may have to patch the server to accept all console commands.
I guess so, yes.
Regards,

Skull Kid
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

I just remembered that you made a server patch that enables all the commands russ, I’ll download it and give the commands a try. Thanks, forgot about that one.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

Reviving an old thread, but would there be a way to patch the EXE so that the player.active and player.name commands return the name of the current player, not the name of the latest player that connected to the server?