Stalingrad CTF Paradrop

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
tonawandares

Stalingrad CTF Paradrop

Post by tonawandares »

Hello all,

* SSM: I am trying to freshen up some of our server's maps to breathe some new life into them.
Currently, I'm working on Stalingrad CTF.
I built the file from DC and pushed to DCF as most of our patches are run that way.
I did some basic SSM over 10 years ago...move this; add this; subtract this.
I've added spawn points and changed control points, tweaked physics and so on.
I understand the file structure and am capable of comprehending the basics of how this all works.
So I classify myself as a novice SSM modder.

To the point: We are using the Mains East/West. The Central control point (Stalingrad) (I actually am going to disable this CP/Use paradrops)
I want one, maybe two paradrops for each side.
I do not want a rotating paradrop, so I laid that tutorial aside.
I've managed to search and pull bits and pieces of previous posts regarding this, however, some are talking obviously CSM.
My main confusion is regarding the relationship between the used spawngroupID and spawnerID and this paradrop.
Since the only capturable spawn is Stalingrad, I can't use that spawngroupID. The other two CP are not used.
So I'm left with the Main. Is this a matter of using the Main's spawngroupID and borrowing two spawnerID's?
From what I understand, the spawngroupID produces the white dot so that doesn't make much sense to use the Main's. Will I need to .active a spawngroupID from a non-used CP?
I think this is more of understanding the relationships.

Can someone please at least help to get me started in understanding this. I'm quite capable of listening and applying. Something just isn't clicking here.
thanks,
tona
takiwa

Re: Stalingrad CTF Paradrop

Post by takiwa »

just make a new spawnPointManager.group for it, there's no need to re-use an existing group
tonawandares

Re: Stalingrad CTF Paradrop

Post by tonawandares »

takiwa wrote:just make a new spawnPointManager.group for it, there's no need to re-use an existing group

Thank you.