Making a CSM

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
tekk

Re: Making a CSM

Post by tekk »

Well I got the textures and sounds right for the AC-130 so it looks like a plane now lol. All the positons are there for the gunners and pilot but when I switch between them its not showing the weapons, I had imported the howizer/vulcan/moab that it calls for but they just aint there. I will double check the codes and textures meanwhile but im open to any suggestions :)
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
tekk

Post by tekk »

Im still having issues getting the AC-130's weapons to show.

Code: Select all

[color=#FF0000]rem ------------------------------------------------------

GeometryTemplate.create StandardMesh US_SMAW_Backpack
GeometryTemplate.file DesertCombat\BackPacks\SMAW_BackPack
GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 0 0
GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 1 3
GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 2 10
GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 3 20
GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 4 30
GeometryTemplate.setLodDistance 5 100

ObjectTemplate.create KitPart US_SMAW_Backpack
ObjectTemplate.geometry US_SMAW_Backpack
ObjectTemplate.setBoneName backpack
ObjectTemplate.setCopyLinksCount 0

rem ------------------------------------------------------[/color]

run Ju88A/Ju88A
run Vehicles/Air/DCX_AC-130/run
run Stationary_Weapons/DCX_AC-130_Howitzer/run
run Stationary_Weapons/DCX_AC-130_Vulcan/run
run effects/e_MuzzHeavy2/effects
run effects/e_shell40mm/effects
run effects/e_MuzzAAGunB/effects
run effects/e_MuzzPriest/effects
run Stationary_Weapons/DCX_AC-130_40mm/run
run Vehicles/Weapons/Bombs/DCX_MOABBomb/run
I noticed that you added this code to the ojects.con inside the objects folder to import the smaw. Would I have to do this aswell for the AC's weapons?

I have included all the textures and standardmeshes that these weapons call for (pretty damn sure i have anyways), I have double checked all the codes and it looks fine to me but I have to be overlooking something somewhere.

This is the updated rfa if anyone wants to take a look at my paths to see where I may be going wrong.
BomberHell.rar
Nodbrother- "getting whiped every single game by some over-active 9 year old kid with too much spare time and a reaction time that is a third of yours."
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Where it's loaded is irrelevant for the most part as long as it's loaded from the map's init.con file or one of the game mode con files. I think it's how the geometries for the weapons are pathed to. It may be missing geometry templates. The Debugger will not display a error message if a geometry template is missing, however it will show a error message if a geometry template paths to a mesh file that doesn't exist. So most likely there is something wrong with the geometry templates.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
tekk

Post by tekk »

Apache Thunder wrote:I think it's how the geometries for the weapons are pathed to
I was just coming to post back here about this lol, Your right thou ,thats where I found the problem was in the geometries.con of the weapons. I corrected the path and badda boom my weapons appreared, they dont shoot nothing but they are there lol. I have a strong feeling the issue with them not firing is gonna be the same issue as the weapons themselves not showing up...geometrie paths :) . Another problem I was having with the missing icons were that the paths were pointing to some .tga icons when all of the icons that I found were .dds , switched them around and now I have icons too. I would say im about 90% done getting the damn thing imported , only thing left to do is get the weapons shooting projectiles and check the mat id's. Thanks for all your help Apache and others :D
tekk

Post by tekk »

I still cant get my ac-130 weapons to shoot projectiles. Im thinking that this code has something to do with it.

rem *** Tan changed to mortar damage and no smoke trail 12 Jan 03 ***

rem *** AC-130_40mm **
ObjectTemplate.create Bundle DCX_AC-130_40mm <-----Imported
ObjectTemplate.hasCollisionPhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.hasResponsePhysics 1
ObjectTemplate.geometry DCX_AC-130_40mm
rem -------------------------------------
ObjectTemplate.addTemplate DCX_AC-130_40mm_Barrel <-----Imported
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/.5

ObjectTemplate.create FireArms DCX_AC-130_40mm_Barrel <-----Imported
ObjectTemplate.setNetworkableInfo DCX_Vehicle_40mm_Info <-----Imported
ObjectTemplate.saveInSeparateFile 1
ObjectTemplate.aiTemplate DCX_AC-130_40mm <-----Imported
ObjectTemplate.geometry DCX_AC-130_40mm_Barrel <-----Imported
ObjectTemplate.projectileTemplate 40mmHEDP <-------------------------------------NOT IMPORTED----<<<
ObjectTemplate.projectilePosition 0/0/1
ObjectTemplate.velocity 850
ObjectTemplate.magSize 400
ObjectTemplate.numOfMag 1
ObjectTemplate.magType 0
ObjectTemplate.reloadtime 10
ObjectTemplate.roundOfFire 5
ObjectTemplate.autoReload 1
ObjectTemplate.fireingForce 5
ObjectTemplate.recoilSpeed 10
ObjectTemplate.recoilSize 5

ObjectTemplate.addSkeletonIK Bip01_R_Hand 0.12/0.03/0 -30/80/90 <---Do I need to import this?
ObjectTemplate.addSkeletonIK Bip01_L_Hand -0.12/0.03/0 30/-100/-90 <---Do I need to import this?

ObjectTemplate.addTemplate e_MuzzAAgunB <-----Imported
ObjectTemplate.setPosition 0/0/1.5

rem *** Sound 40mm ***
rem ***ObjectTemplate.loadSoundScript Sounds/40mm_Cannon.ssc <---Rem'd out by default
rem ObjectTemplate.loadSoundScript ../../Vehicles/Land/AA_Base/Sounds/AA_Allies_GunBarrel.ssc <---Rem'd out by default
Ok, im pretty sure that I need to import the projectile but have no clue were to find it, I been looking over all this code and multiple files for the past 3 days now and dont recall coming across any projectiles, There not in either of map standardmesh/object/texture files that I could find. Where would I find these?
freddy

Post by freddy »

you could consider using another projectile thats already in the game, would save you a lot of trouble with matid´s and such that can appear
tekk

Post by tekk »

That would be too easy freddy ;) , I would still need to get the moab imported fully anyways so I might as well do the other projectiles. I couldnt find the projectiles lastnight but then again I worked on the ac-130 ALL day yesterday and things were getting fuzzy towards the end lol, Its a new day so im gonna figure this out were those pesky projectile files are located lol.
Apache Thunder

Post by Apache Thunder »

Yep, weapons don't fire if they are set to fire a projectile that doesn't exist. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
tekk

Post by tekk »

Hi, This is mostly aimed at Apache since he made the new soundscript path but anyone that knows the process please feel free to answer.

I have been trying to understand this new soundscript that you added to the AC-130's sound folder;
EngineMap.ssc

#beginMap Engine
	Rpm
	DiveAngle
#endMap
I have noticed that it is not included in the original ac's ssc files so it must be custom made, could you clarify what that path does as I cannot find a connection to any other path outside the sound folder. Rpm/DiveAngle I cannot understand why are included in this path as there are no sound files like that in the sounds folder.

I have also noticed that you included this path

#include EngineMap.ssc
into the following AC's soundscript files;

Dive
Engine1High
Engine1low
Engine1Medium
Engine2High
Engine2low
Engine2Medium
Engine3High
Engine3low
Engine3Medium
Engine4High
Engine4low
Engine4Medium
Replacing the original paths in those folders which were

#include ../../../Common/Sounds/EngineMap.ssc

newPatch

#include ../../Common/Sounds/Dive.ssc
I have spent the past few days basically learning every line of code in the vehicles standardmesh/texture/objects con's for a much better understanding (something that would have saved me alot of grief if I have done that prior to attempting to import this plane lol) but what you did stumps me and not sure why it makes the sounds work. A quick explaination would be appreciated, thanks :)

Edit:

#beginMap Engine
	Rpm
	DiveAngle
#endMap
I Just had a thought, #beginMap must activate the code same as say the "run.con" or "beginrem" code and the "#endMap" being the same as "endrem"...close? . I also noticed that the Engine/Rpm are located inside the ssc file for the Engine but DiveAngle is located in another ssc called dive. So what im gettng from this is this path activates all 4 engines sounds and the dive ssc in the AC-130's sound folder replacing the original path "#include ../../../Common/Sounds/EngineMap.ssc"....Did I understand that correctly?