Getting Bots to use Parachutes

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Old Man River

Re: Getting Bots to use Parachutes

Post by Old Man River »

I tried adding pathfinder folder to patch with all the raw data for tanks infantry etc because boats and landingcrafts do not exist I added Iwo jimas to it, I was hoping that would fix it as the command above seems to call them up, game loaded fine but bots still don't move.
yes I agree and tried that didn't help, I might try it again, last time I added the Tobruk Pathfinder folder from base Tobruk raf into patch then because it didn't have any raw data for boats or landing craft, I copied over Iwo jimas into it also, as it was iwo jimas command and values I used from the Aipathfinding.con

I chose Iwo Jimas because it was assault beach style map, but this time its jap assault not allies, might make a difference and something maybe missing, will try midways, as both sides assault beach in it

It must need something that is required for new bot pathway additions, which makes existing not work until it is also added
freddy

Post by freddy »

yeah i guess so, hopefully some ai guru knows whats missing, im out of ideas
Old Man River

Post by Old Man River »

Well adding Midways raw boat and landing craft in pathfinding folder worked, must be something missing in Iwo Jimas.
Bots all up and running will move strategic areas and change heat values next

Only catch is the bots sail landing craft across bay up road ramp and through tobruk streets !
they must think they are tanks :)
will have to turn off carrier landing craft spawn for bots hopefully they will not take landing craft. I tried adding landing zones didn't help
Old Man River

Post by Old Man River »

Well just to let you know I got both full mods of bocage and Tobruk working with bots with ships spawns interesting thing is

Tobruk works with midway raw data for boats and landing craft added but had to turn off carrier landing craft spawn for bots because they drive them up street it improved with with a landing zone added but was still needed other stuff fixed so turned them off (may go back and see if I can fix this one day)

Bocage only works with wake raw data for boats and landing craft no other maps worked, however had to turn off Destroyer driver spawns for bots otherwise server crashes Destroyer soldier spawn works fine for bots, probably something missing for allies destroyer driver as wake doesn't have them, but other maps data wouldn't work