Network Problem :(

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Senshi

Network Problem :(

Post by Senshi »

Engine\IoNetworkProtocolNew\NetServer.cpp(136): Warning: IoNetworkProtocolNew: Failed to bind socket
Engine\IoNetworkProtocolNew\NetServer.cpp(192): Debug: IoNetworkProtocolNew: Netserver shutdown
Engine\IoNetworkProtocolNew\NetServer.cpp(193): Debug: IoNetworkProtocolNew: Server:Total Packets received 0
Engine\IoNetworkProtocolNew\NetServer.cpp(194): Debug: IoNetworkProtocolNew: Server:Total Packets sent 0
Engine\IoNetworkProtocolNew\NetServer.cpp(1854): Debug: IoNetworkProtocolNew: dep: shutting down receive thread
Engine\IoNetworkProtocolNew\NetServer.cpp(1857): Warning: IoNetworkProtocolNew: should have a thread to stop
Uhm..that's what the debugger is saying. Game crashes when map is finished loading. Every map crashes.
fo0k

Re: Network Problem :(

Post by fo0k »

delete your serversettings.con and try again. I get issues like this if I have been hosting.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Wow, that really solved it!

Never heard of anything like that, honestly.

A huge thanks to you, I tried dozens of things now, next step would have been reinstall ( I hate that ;) ).

Though I'm unsure on what caused it, I didn't do anything since the last time I played...weird. Though I had a perhaps related problem for some time now: Whenever I changed the Server settings ingame when I wanted to check a map locally (Create LAN Game) the game ignored them...they were stored and kept in the menu settings, but not applied ingame. Always had to change them via console manually (e.g. timetonextwave, timedelayatstart)
freddy

Post by freddy »

this happens (at least for me) when/if your computer gets a new IP

check in that file for the line: game.serverIP (example ip)192.168.1.35

you can correct it manually from there
fo0k

Post by fo0k »

I have told many people this over the years.. I forgot who told me about it.. Whats strange is that I have to do this at least once per month.. so how the hell you guys survived all this time without having the problem is amazing! heheh

stupid bug really.. bf should be a bit more resilient to an ip change.
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

It's pretty weird, my IP changed quite often in the past few months/years and I never had that problem...well...
freddy

Post by freddy »

i think (with being not at all sure) that mine problems we this started after i had put the servermanager in the gamedirectory
Senshi

Post by Senshi »

Hm true! That might be the reason, I recently put it there too.