Give the aerials on my RCC cars some physics

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
fo0k

Give the aerials on my RCC cars some physics

Post by fo0k »

Any way to make the aerials bounce around like BF2?
Apache Thunder

Re: Give the aerials on my RCC cars some physics

Post by Apache Thunder »

The antenna stuff? Try converting them (the antenna) to treeMeshes and enable sway. But they won't sway in response to anything though. BF42 can't do that as far as I know. But they will sway on their own accord though.

If you make the antenna treeMeshes, besure they are exported with their center of mass at the bottom tip of the antenna mesh. This is because there is a small amount of randomacy added to the ingame size of a treeMesh. So the antenna won't be the same size every time and thus if the center of mass of the mesh is wrong, you could end up with some antenna seemingly floating on top of the vehicle instead of being properly connected to it. ;)
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
fo0k

Re: Give the aerials on my RCC cars some physics

Post by fo0k »

yeah I thought sway maybe although it would be a bit token I guess after 1 min! heheh

imagine if you 'glued' the wheels of a box car onto the top of another.. then again maybe 5 cars total.. all the springs active..
when you drove it around a bend it would all appear to bend around.. is there a way to fake this with springs and a 5/6 piece aerial? (lols!)

never looked at the BF2 code for this.. do you know how that was done?