Problem with SWAT Shield

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Coroner47

Problem with SWAT Shield

Post by Coroner47 »

I re-made my SWAT shield & made the ai / bots use it ... then i noticed a problem. :?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-TZhnEeBh0
Everytime a projectile impacts with the shield, the soldiers acts like the projectile hit their body. They don't ever seem to be hurt though the animation just makes it look that way. I think the game considers the shield a part of the soldier body ... like a limb. Anybody know a way to stop this from happening?
Pray hard, die fast
Apache Thunder

Re: Problem with SWAT Shield

Post by Apache Thunder »

How exactly is the swat shield added to the soldier? Addtemplated? KitPart?

The best way to fix this is to give the swat shield it's own unique mat ID and code the projectiles to do no damage to it. If the damageMod is set to zero then the soldier won't show the hit reaction when the shield is hit with something.

Also be sure to code the new matID to have the appropriate materiel impact effects. Otherwise the projectiles will seemingly cease to exist the moment they touch it.
ImageImageImage
I have cameras in your head!
Coroner47

Re: Problem with SWAT Shield

Post by Coroner47 »

You are right. I forgot that the 1st version of the shield i made was destroyable. I just changed the "damagemod" back to 0 & the shield works perfectly now ... except for 1 problem that seems to still exist from the 1st version. The shield blocks all projectiles but sometimes the shotgun projectile gets through! I noticed it only once so far with new shield. I think it might have something to do with the amount of projectiles that are coming out of the shotgun at once. Not sure tho!

Oh & the shield is a "Bundle" that is addtemplated to a "handfirearm". The bots do a pretty good job of using it too. :D
Pray hard, die fast