Railroad equipment and rolling stock in bf1942

Ask questions, discuss ideas, get answers
Diamondback

Re: Railroad equipment and rolling stock in bf1942

Post by Diamondback »

takiwa wrote:Ok, I did 2 standalone markers, plus I have the round and oval lightboards exported by themselves so you can add them to other statics. Let me know if these are ok...
trainmarks.rar
The models look amazing, thank you for taking time to make them. Very good work. Thanks again.
See my Strasbourg map project here.
takiwa

Post by takiwa »

little trick for ya...

after you generate lightmaps for these, open the .tga file up with any editor. Find the spot on the texture that corresponds with the lights (should be 10 circles). make a white circle and place on top of the dark shadow that's there.

because of the shrouds, the lights will always map dark, unfortunately. By editing the lightmap .tga, you can keep the shadow on the object, and still make the yellow lights bright, like they are on.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

takiwa wrote:little trick for ya...

after you generate lightmaps for these, open the .tga file up with any editor. Find the spot on the texture that corresponds with the lights (should be 10 circles). make a white circle and place on top of the dark shadow that's there.

because of the shrouds, the lights will always map dark, unfortunately. By editing the lightmap .tga, you can keep the shadow on the object, and still make the yellow lights bright, like they are on.
I'll do that, thank you so much. Will post the result on forums once I'm done the map, with the new signals.
Diamondback

Post by Diamondback »

The single train signal model looks awesome, added it to my Strasbourg map. The object isn't lightmapped yet, like the rest of the map.

takiwa

Post by takiwa »

very nice!

I should've made the conduit longer to allow for you to adjust the height of the marker on the map, an oversight on my part :/